• Graham S. Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 1 month ago #132811 by Graham S. Jarvis
Downloads Manager was created by Graham S. Jarvis
Hello everybody,

I'd like to know if I'm using Downloads Manager in Membership Pro correctly.

I have uploaded three documents for one plan and made the same documents available for two other plans.
(See attached screen shots)

Is this correct that I only see the document details in the plan where I uploaded them?
- This means if I want to upload more documents I will have to remember which plan I'm using as the "document store" otherwise various documents will be in various plans.
I make all documents available to all plans so this makes things more rather than less complicated.

Does anyone have ideas about how best to manage the documents?

Thanks,
-Graham-
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #132813 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Downloads Manager
Hi Graham

The documents which you upload for the plan will be available for subscribers of that plan only. That mean you can only download it if you subscribed and paid for the plan

Normal users won't be allowed to see and download these documents

Not sure if it answers your question?

Tuan

• Graham S. Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 1 month ago #132867 by Graham S. Jarvis
Replied by Graham S. Jarvis on topic Downloads Manager
Hello Tuan,

not quite ;)

The two attachments to this ticket show a screen with "existing" documents and another with the three documents in the table below.

If I want everybody to have the same documents and I want to add more documents, I have to remember which plan I have added the three documents to and add the new ones there. Otherwise I will have documents uploaded to different plans and I will loose track.

Would it be easier to understand if the Documents Management was another button on the dashboard? The I would always choose existing documents in the plan and if I want each plan to have different documents I would only choose the ones that I wanted.

Thanks,
-Graham-

More
4 years 1 month ago #132871 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Downloads Manager
Hi Graham

It's just an add-on plugin for simple usage. If you want to have better/easier to use documents managers, I think you should use EDocman for example and use ACL to give access to documents for your subscribers

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Graham S. Jarvis