Integration with SMS text messaging

• Tracey Field
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #129933 by Tracey Field
Integration with SMS text messaging was created by Tracey Field
Hi Tuan, sorry me again with another question :)

Would it be possible with some custom development to be able to set up SMS text messaging using this (or similar) providers API? www.textlocal.com/integrations/api/

I'm thinking of it for my groups again. So if when a group admin adds a new group member, if they fill in the mobile number, that automatically links to the SMS provider to send a text letting the group member know they have been added and giving them a link to the website.

Then if that is possible, thinking a few steps further, I'm wondering If I would be able to create a customised message for each group admin (so can something in the API code maps uniquely to the group admin).

I realise that maybe a question for the SMS service rather than you but to explain where I'm going with this. I was thinking that my group admins are all driving instructors. If we set up a custom field in their group members profile so that when the group member passes their driving test, the group admin (driving instructor) can click the custom field to confirm they have passed and that would then send an automatic, customised congratulations message along with other relevant info.

Grateful to know what you think and if it might be possible. Thanks Tracey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #129940 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Integration with SMS text messaging
I'm unsure about the price but I think it's possible

Tuan

• Tracey Field
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #129945 by Tracey Field
Replied by Tracey Field on topic Integration with SMS text messaging
Great, I'm going to take a little time to really think through properly exactly what I would want, and the different ways I could use it. Then we can do the password and this all at the same time. I will pop it all in a ticket once I've worked it out so you can quote for me. Thanks!

More
4 years 4 months ago #129963 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Integration with SMS text messaging
OK Tracey