How does "Allow search engine" work?

More
3 years 10 months ago #135085 by Curtis Kimble
Replied by Curtis Kimble on topic How does "Allow search engine" work?
Was there ever a solution to this issue? I am having the exact same problem.

I set "Allow search engine" to Yes in the Membership Pro Articles Restriction plugin, but when I search for one of the pages on Google I can't find it and when I use the Google Search Console URL inspection tool, it gets redirected to the subscription page.

All articles are set to "Public" access. When I uncheck the articles in Membership Pro Articles Restriction so they are not restricted in Membership Pro, the articles are visible without login.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 10 months ago #135087 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How does "Allow search engine" work?
Hello Curtis

When you set it to Yes, the system won't prevent search engine from accessing to the page while it still prevent none-subscribers from seeing the content

I don't really know how to check it myself as it's handled within the code. One client tried this tool totheweb.com/learning_center/tools-search-engine-simulator/ and confirmed that it works. So maybe you can try it yourself

Regards,

Tuan

• jeronimo
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #135101 by jeronimo
Replied by jeronimo on topic How does "Allow search engine" work?
@Curtis Kimble: It still does not work as you can see with the search-engine-simulator. I ended up making the text of my articles publicly available and put the rest behind the paywall so SEO works and the users get a sneak preview and know in advance what they will be paying for.