stripe payment plugin

More
4 years 7 months ago #128037 by dev sfp
Replied by dev sfp on topic stripe payment plugin
No more problem, as I edited my previous post : Some artefacts stayed in url endpoint on stripe, it's totally my bad, an awfull paste.

Thanks arcascomputing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #128242 by Marius Stanley
Replied by Marius Stanley on topic stripe payment plugin
Hi Tuan ,

My issue is the new user goes to pending status - i guess there's an issue with my webhook you will say , i read these lots of peoples posts and I think a few webhook screenshots would go a long way , i'm not actually sure what a webhook link looks like for example ..

d2c506f9.ngrok.io anyway , users are pending , what could be the actual setting from stripe thats missing?

thanks

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #128243 by Marius Stanley
in your read me file Tuan, you have ( domain.com/index.php?option=com_osmember...ent_method=os_stripe ) were does this go ..

i have setup ngork and established Tunnels on 80 8080 and spoke https port , which one is the webhook url .. I seem to be missing something simple .. these events, there are two per webhook or do i need to establish one for each event

checkout.session.completed
invoice.payment_succeeded

you say " (Of course, need to replace domain.com/ with your website url) this is only for recurring payments yes / no and either way were in the stripe webhook does it go ..

we are all using the same stripe api, a few sample pic's would have saved me anyway a lot of guessing, why user status are left pending.

thanks for your support

UPdate : i tried many options, received 502 (Bad Gateway) 301 (Moved Permanently) but more importantly when i get a 202 the user is still not active ..

free users are activated but paying users are not activated and remain pending.

Update : I understand this issue as a webhook issue, it seems i have redirect issues of https and port mis-config in apache
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Marius Stanley. Reason: update

More
4 years 7 months ago #128248 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic stripe payment plugin
Hi Marius

For Stripe Checkout, better setup your site to a public accessible server before checking

Tuan

More
4 years 7 months ago #128251 by Marius Stanley
yes, - setting up a confirmed webhook is outside the realm of stripe it'sself ... understood

thanks

More
4 years 6 months ago #128623 by Nicole Warner
Replied by Nicole Warner on topic stripe payment plugin
I have set up the new plugin and updated the webhook, tried it in testing mode and it worked.

Is there a way to use checkout in a way that the people stay on my site? Or does it always take people to the Stripe page and send them back?

(I will call Stripe, too.)

More
4 years 6 months ago #128640 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Nicole

Unfortunately, users will have to be redirected to Stripe for processing subscription in this case

As of right now, I don't see a method to allow users to subscribe for a plan (especially recurring subscription) to stay on your site

Tuan

More
4 years 6 months ago #128713 by arcascomputing
Replied by arcascomputing on topic stripe payment plugin

Nicole Warner wrote: Is there a way to use checkout in a way that the people stay on my site? Or does it always take people to the Stripe page and send them back?

My understanding, Nicole, is that this "overlay" method is now legacy and will be getting phased out in due course (perhaps because it's problematic in relation to the new law or perhaps not) so it's probably better that we all migrate to the new method at this point anyway. I was a fan over the "popup" style but if it needs to go in order to ensure compliance, that's the route I'm going to take.

More
4 years 6 months ago #128733 by Nicole Warner
Replied by Nicole Warner on topic stripe payment plugin
Yes, I think to make it compliant and more secure it needs to go to the other page. It seems "cheap" to me, like the standard PayPal method, and I went to Stripe to get away from PayPal.

Cash is still king in my book. :-D

More
4 years 6 months ago #128738 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
If you are affected by SCA stripe.com/docs/strong-customer-authentication#impact , MP Stripe Checkout is the only option to go

Tuan