stripe payment plugin

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #127368 by Hector Bolanos
Replied by Hector Bolanos on topic stripe payment plugin
Thanks Tuan
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Hector Bolanos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127369 by Tomi Paldanius
Replied by Tomi Paldanius on topic stripe payment plugin

Hector Bolanos wrote: I find it disappointing that I need to pay the full price in order to get an updated version of the Stripe Plugin.

I have already bought updates for Membership Pro twice and now I have to pay again for the Stripe plugin in order to meet the SCA requirement :(

I think it would be fairer to charge a small amount for existing customers who need the update.

Yes should have some discount in my opinion also. Anyway, I just bought the extension. Maybe I get a discount updating the Membership pro... Please send me a coupon :)

More
4 years 8 months ago #127370 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic stripe payment plugin
Hello

Actually, a payment plugin will be free upgrade for life time. If you use Stripe payment plugin, you will see that there have been many changes to the payment plugin but I haven't asked you to pay for upgrade for year (since the time the payment plugin was released)

However, the Stripe Checkout payment plugin is different. It's a completely new way of payment processing and trust me, I had to spend so much time to work on it. It's much difficult (due to the way Stripe Checkout handle recurring subscription)

I even contacted Stripe several times to get support and even Stripe could not recommend a good way to handle recurring payment with Stripe Checkout and I had to code, try, test... many times to come up with a solution

So for this, I could not add it as an upgrade to the plugin and make it free of charge for update.

Customers, who purchased the MP Stripe payment plugin in less than one year can contact us to get coupon discount

Customers, who purchased the payment plugin more than one year ago, please make a full purchase to support my development.

Again, it's not an upgrade. It's a completely payment plugin and it took me much time to get it completed

If you still want to get discount even if you purchased it few years ago, that fine. You can submit a support ticket and I will give you coupon code, too (but I'm disappointing with it, too)

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hector Bolanos

More
4 years 8 months ago #127371 by Lee Currie
Replied by Lee Currie on topic stripe payment plugin
Tuan
You are a good coder and I am a very happy client.
You have the right to ask for payment for your work and I think you offer great prices for quality work
You are also very kind.
Guys that are asking for discounts and freebies, do not take advantage of his kind nature, support him as much as you can, I am sue you agree he offers great services and products. Good things don't last for ever! If you ask for discount, make sure you say thank you.
Thank you Tuan
You are great!

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: arcascomputing

More
4 years 8 months ago #127372 by Hector Bolanos
Replied by Hector Bolanos on topic stripe payment plugin
Hello Tuan,

Thank you for explaining. What you say makes total sense. I was not aware that this was a new plugin and I also did not know that so much work went into it.

I will be happy to support your work by paying the full price.

I have one important question. If I overwrite your new plugin with the existing one, will all the recurring subscriptions continue without any issues?

I cannot take any chances here, as it is the heart of my business.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127373 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. The existing recurring subscriptions will continue working. That's one thing I had to think about while working on this "new" plugin

Tuan

More
4 years 8 months ago #127428 by Jonathan Colls
Replied by Jonathan Colls on topic stripe payment plugin
Thanks Tuan for your work on this. Off to purchase this version of the Stripe Plugin :-)

More
4 years 8 months ago #127429 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks Jonathan for your support

Regards

Tuan

More
4 years 8 months ago #127480 by Jonathan Colls
Replied by Jonathan Colls on topic stripe payment plugin
Hi Tuan,

I've installed and tested and have noticed that the cancel_url is missing a 'm'
...com_osmebership... should be ...com_osmembership....

Also, would it be possible to have an option in the plugin settings that would allow for 'billing_address_collection=required' to be sent.
stripe.com/docs/payments/checkout/server...g-address-collection

I believe that it is not possible to send address details to stripe at the moment and therefore our clients are needing to enter twice. I can't turn off the locally collected fields because Stripe does not always collect the billing address. This setting would force collection on Stripe meaning we can remove the fields locally.

Thanks

More
4 years 8 months ago #127513 by arcascomputing
Replied by arcascomputing on topic stripe payment plugin

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hello

Just want to update that today, I completed the development for MP Stripe Checkout payment plugin (which is compatible with Strong Customer Authentification requirement)...

If you purchased original Stripe payment plugin in less than 6 months, you can submit a support ticket to ask for coupon code to receive discount for new payment plugin

Can't recall when we purchased but I'm happy to purchase again to fund this development as Tuan continues to do great work for us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc