Need help with Joomla? We are available for hire to help with Joomla customization, upgrades, maintenance, and custom development.
Explore our services

bogus members... Membership Pro compromised?

More
10 years 7 months ago #76822 by SH
Hi

I am using Membership Pro 1.6.9 on my site and lately I noticed a lot of non-paying bogus members that should not have gone passt the registration process without paying. Any advice on what they might have done so I can prevent it?

Also, I am using 1.6.9 on Joomla 3.4.7. What are the special features in the current 2.2.1 release that I should know?

Thanks,
SH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #76829 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic bogus members... Membership Pro compromised?
Hi

What payment method you are using? Please note that Membership Pro store the subscription records in the database before users are being redirected to Payment Gateway for processing payment, so even users don't pay, you will still see the subscription records

I think that might be the spam records, so you should config Membership Pro to use reCaptcha to prevent these records like that.

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.