Paypal account not validated after subscription

• Gerard
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #64764 by Gerard
Hi,

I have a problem with paypal plugin. When a new subscriber perform purchase with paypal, the IPN seem to be not received by my website. If have used Paypal sandbox to send me an IPN, it is received successfully and notified into MemberShipPro ipn_log file. In the live mode the account is not activated and I have any report into log, so I think than the IPN is not received. After exchange with paypal, for us, the HTTP 200 is not received. If I try the URL used by paypal (https://mywebsite/index.php?option=com_osmembership&task=payment_confirm&payment_method=os_paypal, a page of the site is displayed.

Could you help me on this subject. If you need more information regarding access to my website is it possible to use private message.
Thank you
Gérard Latapie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #64804 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Paypal account not validated after subscription
Hi Gérard

So the problem might happen because Paypal IPN is disbaled in your live Paypal account? The link above is supposed to be a server to server communication, so no data is displayed is correct when you enter the URL manually

So in this case, please try to enable Paypal IPN in your Paypal account and try again. When Paypal ask for IPN URL, please simply enter URL of your site

Please update me with the result once you tested it

Regards,

Tuan

• Gerard
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #64852 by Gerard
Hi Tuan,

I have checked the configuraton, Paypal IPN is enabled, I have update the URL from https://mywebsite/index.php?option=com_osmembership&task=payment_confirm&payment_method=os_paypal to https://mywebsite/ and I made a new payment without success. For Paypal the server is joined but doesn't answer.

After investigation on my side I have some interrogations :
1) OS Membership 'OS Membership - Account creation' and OS Membership - Membership ID plugin are not enabled at this time. Is this problem can come from required plugin disabled? (Paypal plugin is enabled of course!)

2) The URL used by Paypal is in HTTPS, but the answer is expected in HTTP, is it Ok?

In addition to this problem, I'm surprised, because a mail is sent to the new subscriber without confirmation by paypal and so with his status in pending. The new subscriber can activate is account and use the website as if payment was validated. It is not the major problem at this time but it seems important.

Regards
Gérard

More
8 years 10 months ago #64871 by James Jones
Replied by James Jones on topic Paypal account not validated after subscription
I have a similarish problem.
A user registered for a plan, paypal took payment and arrived in account but no user or subscription was created.
This has only happened once though - what might cause this?

I would have thought at least the user would be created?

More
8 years 10 months ago #64931 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Paypal account not validated after subscription
Hi James

If it just happens one time, then it might be because the communication between Paypal and your server was failed for some reasons (at that time).

After users complete payment at Paypal, Paypal will send a notification to your site (server to server communication) to inform membership pro about that payment

Membership Pro then validate that payment, if it is valid, then the status of the subscription record will be updated, notificaiton email will be sent to admin and subscriber...

So if this server to server communication failed for some reasons (it is rarely happens but Yes, sometime it happens), subscription record will remain pending (it is out of our control). In this case, you will have to update the status of the record manually from Pending to Active to get everything works properly

If it just happens one time, you should not have to worry about it

Regards,

Tuan

• Gerard
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #64941 by Gerard
Hi all,

After some tests I have solved the issue, now I received correctly IPN if HTTPS into configuration worksheet of Membership Pro is set to 'No'. I don't understand why with HTTPS I doesn't received IPN, if someone have an explanation.... :)

Thank you
Gérard