Recurring Payments and fixed expiry date

• Markus Schwendtner
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #63578 by Markus Schwendtner
Recurring Payments and fixed expiry date was created by Markus Schwendtner
Hello,

The payment plan is a membership plan for the calendar year. This means, you become a member at some point during the year, and the membership expires on 31 December 2015. So far so good. Now I want the membership to be renewed automatically, and of course this means on january 1 2016 !

I have set up the plan, and the membership expires on 31 december, but the automatic paypal recurring payment will only be made on may 29 (today).

I want to ensure that membership is renewed at the beginning of the year, as otherwise the membership status is somewhat unknown... either we trust that people do not cancel their recurring payment and grant them access for the first months until paypal renews the payment, or... i dont know ?

Is there any solution to this ? For example setting the starting date of the subscription always to January 1 of the year ? Would paypal accept that and set the recurring payment date to january 1 2016 ?

Thanks,
Markus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Markus Schwendtner
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #63746 by Markus Schwendtner
Replied by Markus Schwendtner on topic Recurring Payments and fixed expiry date
Hmm... any solutions for this ?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #63784 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring Payments and fixed expiry date
Hi Markus

Unfortunately, we have no way to do that as it is not supported by Paypal. Paypal doesn't have any variables to allow you to control it. See developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal...ables/#id08A6HI00JQU to see all supported variables/controls

Tuan