New registration not creating an account

• Mark Skillin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 11 months ago #63404 by Mark Skillin
New registration not creating an account was created by Mark Skillin
Ooo Err, I have had two new registrations this afternoon, one worked as it should and the other did not create an account in Joomla core. The order is in membership pro and is showing active - what caused this?
I have asked the subscriber involved to recreate the account to see if this is repeatable, if it is I will let you know.
regards
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mark Skillin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 11 months ago #63411 by Mark Skillin
Replied by Mark Skillin on topic New registration not creating an account
I think I've worked out what went wrong - they had used a username that had already been used. What I cant work out is why the order went through ?. I have tried to repeat it and cant.

More
8 years 11 months ago #63442 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New registration not creating an account
Hmm

I don't know why too as the system will check and make sure the username is unique before continue the process. I will check it more, maybe AJAX validation doesn't work for some reasons.

Please continue to monitor it and if it happens again, please let me know so that I can check it further. Maybe some other sever side validation will be needed in this case

Tuan

More
8 years 11 months ago #63934 by Richard Hopkins
Replied by Richard Hopkins on topic New registration not creating an account
Hi Guys I am getting this as well. About one in 5 works perfectly except the Joomla User is not created and they cant log in. I can spot the problem immediately in that the listing in MPro doesn't have the Joomla user name in brackets after their MPro name, so I just set up the user manually then email them the credentials. But its a pain. I have contacted the person and asked if they had a problem - anything they notices as not right and the answer is always no. Browsers seem to be IE, Chrome and Safari, so probably not that. Happy to work with you on this as it is driving me crazy. Thanks Richard

More
8 years 11 months ago #64179 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New registration not creating an account
Just want to let you know that I am aware on this issue. As it sometime happens, I want to focus working to finish new version of Membership Pro - this is major new release which I modernlize the code to make it easier to maintain and add more features in the future . I hope to get this new version finished in 7 to 10 days from now (including this fix), hope it is acceptable.

If you need it fixed urgent, please let me know and I am going to work on it on tomorrow instead of waiting for new version

Tuan

More
8 years 11 months ago #64272 by Gabriel
Replied by Gabriel on topic New registration not creating an account
+1 (Waiting to have this solved, too). Please, advise providing new version number when ready.