Conf. page should append transaction ID in URL

• Shane French
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago #62218 by Shane French
Have been wrestling with getting not only Joomla's cache, but Varnish cache on top of that to work well with Membership Pro. One suggestion: on the confirmation page that provides the user's details, append the transaction ID (or some other random string) so it won't be cached. If it is, someone who signs up will see the info from the person who signed up before them!

Once they're logged in I have cache bypassing working well, but this would help.

I understand I can direct confirmation to a static page, but would be nice to have a page that shows all their details without worrying about cache.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #62220 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Conf. page should append transaction ID in URL
Joomla cache is something I am not happy. There should be a way to exclude some pages from being cached, but right now, it is not possible to do that with Joomla.

Having a parameter added to URL (subscription_code like in old version) would solve it but the URL won't look nice. Maybe we can add a config option for that in the future

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.