Allow renewal after expiration but without access

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 1 week ago #62020 by channing meyer
Hello:
I may have missed this in the forum and documentation. Some of our clients have noticed that when an subscription expires, the user can no longer access their account to renew their membership. I know the OS Membership User plugin allows the administrator to block or not block the account when subscription has expired. I am assuming though if they are not blocked they will still have access to the Member areas we have created, not just the Membership pro Profile area. Is this true?

In our case, Membership allows the user to access areas like member documents, a member directory they can update (using another directory system) and other items. It would be nice if they could process Renewal after expiration of membership but not have the access to the other areas we have created. Do you have any ideas how we can complete this?

Thank you.
Channing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 week ago #62052 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Allow renewal after expiration but without access
Hi Channing

The OS Membership User plugin won't block user account by default. However, if you set it to block user, then when subscription expired, these user accounts will be blocked and they could not login , so they cannot access to profile page, renew membership....

I think you will have to check the plugin, make sure you set "block user account when subscription expired" config option to No to solve the issue. For the account which was blocked before, you will need to unblock it manually.

Regards,

Tuan

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 1 week ago #62121 by channing meyer
Replied by channing meyer on topic Allow renewal after expiration but without access
Thank you