Content restriction for K2

• RC Cola
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #60538 by RC Cola
Content restriction for K2 was created by RC Cola
Hi Tuan,

I was reconfiguring some content restrictions and wanted to check on how the K2 articles / content restriction is supposed to work.

I've enabled the "OS Membership K2 items Restriction" and "OS Membership - K2 Items restriction settings" plugins and have selected the category I'd like to restrict access to in the "K2 Items Restrictions Settings" tab on the Subscription Plan page.

The current behavior is that the list of items in the K2 category shows as expected, however when clicking a link to an item, instead of seeing the introtext and then the "This section of the article is only available for our subscribers" text, the entire article is blocked (and it redirects to the URL specified in the "OS Membership K2 items Restriction" config.

The behavior I'm after is similar to what you showed on the demo setup ( membershippro.joomservices.com/articles-restriction ), which shows a list of articles and then has the restriction notice after the intro text.

How can I set that up?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #60539 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Content restriction for K2
HI

If that's the case, you could not use the K2 items restriction plugin. You can use this method documentation.joomdonation.com/membershi...t-of-joomla-articles , it works for Joomla core articles and should work in the same way with K2 items

Tuan

• RC Cola
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #60541 by RC Cola
Replied by RC Cola on topic Content restriction for K2
Hi,

So the only way to achieve that functionality is to use the {mprestriction} plugin? The example online was a little confusing to follow.

Thanks

More
9 years 1 month ago #60569 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Content restriction for K2
Yes. Sorry, that's the only way to have that functionality.

Tuan