Subject Line Doesn't Auto-Generate Fields

• Ashly Cupit
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #58311 by Ashly Cupit
Subject Line Doesn't Auto-Generate Fields was created by Ashly Cupit
Hi,
We got our membership component up and running this week and received our first subscriber. However, two problems came up:

1. The email address I configured Membership Pro to send the notifications to isn't the address that received the notification. I did. I can't figure out why this would be. Maybe there is another spot aside from the "Notification emails" setting in Configuration that I need to change?

2. The subject line of the email I received notifying me of a new subscription did not insert the data for the tags set. I.e. Instead of the email subject line reading "New Membership for John Smith" (for example), it reads "New Membership for [FIRST_NAME] [LAST_NAME]" Why?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #58312 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Subject Line Doesn't Auto-Generate Fields
Hi Christina

1. The email address I configured Membership Pro to send the notifications to isn't the address that received the notification. I did. I can't figure out why this would be. Maybe there is another spot aside from the "Notification emails" setting in Configuration that I need to change?

=> Maybe the reason is because you entered that email in the plan ? Try to edit the plan, look at "Notification Emails" property to see whether you entered emails here? If you entered, maybe you should empty it so that the notification emails you entered in Configuration will be used

2. For the tags, they can only be used in Body of the email message, not in the subject. I am on new year holiday now en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_New_Year , so I could not modify code for you. You can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of our site on Tuesday next week. I will modify code for you so that you can use the tags in the subject

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashly Cupit

• Ashly Cupit
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #58315 by Ashly Cupit
Replied by Ashly Cupit on topic Subject Line Doesn't Auto-Generate Fields
Ah, yes! Of course! I checked the plan details and you were right -- the email address was mine, not the person I had intended to have the messages sent to. Problem solved - thank you!

We would love to be able to use the tags in the subject lines if that's not too much of a headache. Is this something that would need changed again every time there was an update? Or, will it be such that the code change will continue to work even after an update? If the latter, that would be wonderful. If not, we could live with it. We just thought the tags would help us with organization. I'll submit the super admin account info for you upon your return. Enjoy the holiday!

More
9 years 2 months ago #58333 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Subject Line Doesn't Auto-Generate Fields
I can keep it in core download package. It makes the code a bit slow but it has no harm. I will update you when it is integrated .

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashly Cupit