Group Members questions

• Achille
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #57724 by Achille
Group Members questions was created by Achille
Hi, I saw that the latest version has been added as an option grouplet / family membership.
I read what was written in the post but honestly I did not understand what is it.
I have tested locally.
I understand that a user can record another user on the same plan. In other words if I have signed a plan and I want that for the same period also a friend of mine uses it then I add it to the group. Is that how it works?
it is as if we use multiple access with a single subscription, is that right?
Users can be added to the group only with a new recording, you can not select a user Already a member?
How come the super admin of the site can not add members to groups?
Thanks for the support, sorry but I did not understand very well the logic of the new function and found nothing in the documentation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #57748 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Group Members questions
Hi

You understand that right. It allows one users to sign up for a plan, then add limited group members (friends, family members) and then all these users will have same access permission.

Admin could not add group members. Also, you can only add existing members which you added, not existing users of the Joomla site to see groups

I also realized that there is one limitation with this feature at the moment and will work on it today or tomorrow. So maybe you should wait about two more days before start trying to use it

Will try to document it this week

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Achille

• anthon keuchenius
More
9 years 2 months ago #58096 by anthon keuchenius
Replied by anthon keuchenius on topic Group Members questions
Hi Tuan,

How does the groupadmin add addresses to his/her group.
I tested by subscribing as a group but do not get such a message or a manual as how to add fellowgroupmembers.

Kind regards,
Hillridge

More
9 years 2 months ago #58097 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Hillridge

You will need to create a menu item to link to "Manage Group Members" view of Membership Pro. Group admin can then access to that menu item to add group members. Please also note that:

1. You need to publish "OS Membership - Group Membership Plugin" plugin

2. You need to edit the plan, look at "Group member settings" tab, enter a number into "Max number of group members". That number determine how many group members group admin can add to the system

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthon keuchenius

• anthon keuchenius
More
9 years 2 months ago #58100 by anthon keuchenius
Okay. Did so and it works. Great.
However another profilepage (standardjoomlaprofile?) instead of the MPsubscriptionpage sometime pops up. What can i do this does not happen, as it is confusing for subscribers?

• anthon keuchenius
More
9 years 2 months ago #58103 by anthon keuchenius
Maybe that disturbing profilepage has something to do with the registration integration on the config page. I just put that option to NO hope the profilepage stays away now.

More
9 years 2 months ago #58134 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry. I don't understand the issue you are having and could not give you the answer. Could you please explain more details about it?

Tuan

• anthon keuchenius
More
9 years 2 months ago #58237 by anthon keuchenius
Well, there is a profilepage for subscribers/Membershippro which is shown most of the time. But there is also i think a standard joomla user profile that is shown now and then when loggin on or off, which is confusing. So i tried setting the option 'integration for joomlaprofile to NO, which i hoped would do the trick. After which subscribers could no longer log on at all!
I ve put it back to YES now so this new problem is solved however the old problem of the double profilepage is back now. I ve searched everywhere but to no avail..

Hillridge

More
9 years 2 months ago #58252 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Hillridge

Membership Pro doesn't handle login / logout process of Joomla core, so Yes, the issue might happen. You want that users will always be stayed on Membership Pro profile page ?

What happens if users don't have subscriptions in Membership Pro ? How it should work with these users ?

Tuan

• anthon keuchenius
More
9 years 2 months ago #58319 by anthon keuchenius
Hi Tuan,

I would not kown what to answer, i m not too much learned in these subjects. I just remarked these duoble profiles are confusing, but if there s nothing to do about this so be it.
Another issue i just encountered with adding group members: this works, however the list of groupmembers on the front end is made up of a list of duplicates of the general group name (in my case collective subscription) with which it is quite complex for adminstrators to adminstrate. Maybe this can be solved?