Conflict With Docman 2.x

• Daniel Clear
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #52335 by Daniel Clear
Conflict With Docman 2.x was created by Daniel Clear
Hi our website was working fine with Joomla 3.3x, Membership Pro, RSTickets Pro & Fabrik being the main components on the site - then yesterday I installed Docman and uploaded approx. 20 docs adn made them into documents - I successfully linked to them and all seemed well.

However when I went into a plan in Membership Pro it returned the following error

Table 'databasename_prefix_docman_groups' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT `groups_id` AS value, `groups_name` AS text FROM prefix_docman_groups

I created a table in the database called docman_groups and entered some values to flesh it out but it then moved onto another error where it didn't seem to recognise the group ID.

I contacted the Docman support and they suggested the following:
Hi Damian, it seems that MemberShip Pro has support for DOCman 1.x but not for DOCman 2.0. DOCman 2.0 does no longer have a 'docman_groups' database table, hence the error you are getting. Instead DOCman 2 is integration fully with the Joomla user groups and permission system.
This is not an issue we can fix for you I'm afraid. Can you contact the developers of Membership Pro and inform them about this issue ? If they need our help integrating with DOCman 2 they can always contact us directly.

If it won't work with Docman 2.x in the very near future we will have to look for another solution i.e. the site is live now and is being launched in the coming days/weeks. Your help/advice is much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 5 months ago #52337 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Conflict With Docman 2.x
We will just need to unpublish the plugin "OS Membership - Docman plugin" and then use Joomla ACL method to restrict access to Docman documents (because Docman2 can works well with Joomla ACL)

Please see documentation.joomdonation.com/membershi...sing-joomla-core-acl to understand how to restrict access to resources using Joomla ACL and try to setup it

Tuan

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #60659 by Pavlina
Replied by Pavlina on topic Conflict With Docman 2.x
Thanks Tuan, I had the same issue and disabling the plugin removed the error!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #60685 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Conflict With Docman 2.x
Thanks Pavlina for letting me know. With Docman 2.x, you can use Joomla core ACL to restrict access to Docman documents, so no need for using that plugin anymore

I guess we can now remove that plugin from the package

Tuan