Jomsocial Access

• firenze
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #52295 by firenze
Jomsocial Access was created by firenze
Hi Tuan,

I have created a subscribers group as a subgroup of registered and want only the subscribers group to be able to publish on Jomsocial.

I have a large number of existing members which I imported into Membership Pro and set them to Expired.

On the Joomla groups status I set this to remove from subscribers on expiry.

As Jomsocial doesn't have ACL, is there a way to allow only subscribers to publish. Quite happy for registered and public to view

Regards

Graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #52314 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Jomsocial Access
Hi Graham

To be honest, I don't really understand this item:

is there a way to allow only subscribers to publish

Maybe you can explain more details about it so that I can think about it to find a solution ?

Tuan

• firenze
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #52325 by firenze
Replied by firenze on topic Jomsocial Access
Hi Tuan,

Apologies for the confusion.

Jomsocial only requires that you register an account to create and edit a profile etc.

I have a large number of existing registered users who have already created profiles free of charge.

I now want to charge free registered members an annual subscription and don't how to do this.

If I set remove from groups on expiry to public they will lose their profiles and have to start again.

So I set up a new group called called subscribers (sub of registered) with the intention of using this for paid subscribers.

This is when I hit the problem with Jomsocial as it still allows registered members access to create and edit, because it doesn't have ACL.

Regards

Graham