Subscription Length days, weeks, months, years.

• chris
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #52294 by chris
Hi -

I have Membership Pro 1.6.5. I'm setting up a subscription for 1 Year. That is supposed to renew automatically using Authorize.net as the gateway.

My question is what is the difference between setting it to perhaps 365 days or 52 weeks or 12 months or 1 years ? These all technically equal a year? Is there a reason why one would set it to 365 days or 12 Months instead of 1 Years? Are you only supposed to use the years choice if its more than one year? Does it matter?

Please can someone clarify this? I want to make sure that I set it correctly. My membership needs to be for 1 year with a recurring subscription.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #52313 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Subscription Length days, weeks, months, years.
Hi Chris

Technical, it is the same. However, for some payment gateways, if you set the length to Day, it need to be a smaller number than 365 (for example, Paypal...). So in this case, you should setup subscription length in Year instead of Day. It will work well

Tuan

• chris
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #52339 by chris
Tuan -

We are using Authorize.net not Paypal. Is there any recommendation on this? I have it set to 12 Months.

More
9 years 6 months ago #52385 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Subscription Length days, weeks, months, years.
Hi Chris

Set it to 12 months or 1 year is also good. Don't worry about it

Tuan