Akeeba Subscriptions

• firenze
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #50441 by firenze
Akeeba Subscriptions was created by firenze
Hi Tuan,

Just purchased Membership Pro and have just two questions.

I have members who subscribed using Akeeba Subscriptions. At the time they recommending using only Name (i.e. full name), rather than First Name and Last Name.

So all of my registered members have only Name. I also have community builder installed and it is mapped to this.

I am in the process of creating the csv file.

Question: can I modify custom field the label for First Name to Full Name and then disable Last Name ?

Question: passwords for imported site members - Akeeba export does not include the password - only the username, so mapping the password would take a long time. However, I don't want new passwords to be issued - how can I avoid this?

Regards

Graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #50470 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Akeeba Subscriptions

Question: can I modify custom field the label for First Name to Full Name and then disable Last Name ?

=> Yes. Go to Membership Pro -> Custom Fields, unpublish the Last Name field and change title of First Name field to Name.

Question: passwords for imported site members - Akeeba export does not include the password - only the username, so mapping the password would take a long time. However, I don't want new passwords to be issued - how can I avoid this?

=> I think all users are existing Joomla users already, correct ? So in this case, please just enter username and leave password column empty. The extension will just map the subscription record to that existing user (based on username)

Regards

Tuan

PS : See your question last nigh but could not reply immediately because the internet connection was so bad, could not access to forum to reply
The following user(s) said Thank You: firenze

• firenze
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #50503 by firenze
Replied by firenze on topic Akeeba Subscriptions
Many thanks.

Worked well- great component.

Regards

Graham

More
9 years 7 months ago #50521 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Graham. Hope you love the extension (there are still many rooms for improvement). If you have few minutes, please help us by giving the extension your rating and review at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-comme...-subscriptions/20725 to support my development

(Hope you will give it a 5 stars rating :) )

Tuan

• firenze
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #50525 by firenze
Replied by firenze on topic Akeeba Subscriptions
Hi Tuan,
Delighted to do so.
Just added a 5 star rating on Joomla extensions - should be be live soon (once it had passed the review process.)

Regards

Graham

More
9 years 7 months ago #50527 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Many thanks for your help Graham :).

Tuan