Get directed back to Subscription form

• chris
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #50057 by chris
Hello -

I'm using the latest version of Membership Pro 1.6.5 and Joomla 3.3.3.. I'm running into this issue. When I go to test the subscription via clicking on some subscriber only article or content as the public would, I get redirected to the log in / subscribe form from OS Membership Pro like I expected. However the problem is if I log in using the log in form on this log in/subscribe page with an account that has access to the content, upon logging in, I get the subscription form again without the log in. So now I'm logged in but instead of being brought to the subscriber content or elsewhere I get a subscription form for the subscription I'm already part of. This would be very misleading as users may get confused and think they need to subscribe again to view the content. One would normally expect to see the subscriber only content once they are logged in and not the form again.

I have tried various things for example in configuration switching the "registration integration" on or off and the "show log in box on subscription page" on or off, however it seems that if one of these are turned off the log in box is removed from the subscription page. I like the idea that your offered to log in or subscribe on the same page. This is would seem useful for someone that has an account already..If I wasn't experiencing this issue.

I also tried messing with the redirect plugin setting, obviously I have it set to redirect to the subscription page URL when the public tries to access subscriber content. Which gives them the log in / subscriber form like expected. Any help as to getting this fixed would be great. I'm guessing I'm missing a setting or something that is causing this to happen or have a misinterpretation of hows it supposed to work.

Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by chris. Reason: change to question

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #50076 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Get directed back to Subscription form
Hi

Agree that's mis-leading. There is several reasons for this. One of them is that usually, when users access to restricted content, they will be redirected to plans list page, not the subscription form in your case.

In this case, I think you can submit a support ticket so that I can check it directly on your site to see how it works and can customize the code for you

Regards,

Tuan

• chris
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #50118 by chris
Replied by chris on topic Get directed back to Subscription form
Tuan -

I figured out a work around. I turned off the "registration integration" and the "show log in box on subscription page" in the configuration and now the subscription page only shows the signup/register form. Then I made the menu item to the subscription form access level to guest's so only people who are not members will see that menu item. Last I made my login module redirect to a subscriber area for example on login and on logout it redirects to the home page. I think the problem I may have been experiencing was the login/logout redirection.

This I think will do for now. If for some reason it doesn't I'll reach out again. However it would be great if eventually it worked like I interpreted initially in my previous post. Maybe better login and logout redirection.. Perhaps in a future update? Thanks!

More
9 years 7 months ago #50205 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Get directed back to Subscription form
Thanks chris. Will think more about it and improve it in the future. Glad to hear that you found a workaround for the problem

Regards,

Tuan