Custom Sign-up Page

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #50047 by padma
Custom Sign-up Page was created by padma
Hi There,

Can we use our custom sign-up & sign-in forms for user registration.
We do want to use membership page, sign-up page, all backend features etc. but in our own design so that it can match overall theme. Is it possible with this plugin?

Thanks,
Padma Rana
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by padma.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #50078 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom Sign-up Page
Hi Padma

I guess you will have to customize the sign up page provided by membership pro to meet your need (if you really want to customize).

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: padma

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #50225 by padma
Replied by padma on topic Custom Sign-up Page
Hi Tuan,

We are having some issues customizing Sign-up page of membership-pro plugin.
We would like to create registration form similar to attached mock-up.
We are facing following challenges -
1. To add "Password" & "Confirm Password" field.
2. To add "Upload Profile Pic" field.
3. To add side bar "Selected Options" showing multiple options users have chosen.
Could you help us with that? Could you give us some idea how to customize your plugin to achieve our requirement?
Awaiting your reply.
Thank you,
Padma Rana
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by padma.

More
9 years 7 months ago #50279 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Padma

I am really sorry. That's something I could not help because it will require modifying code of the component in several places (not some simple configuration options...)

In this case, I am afraid of you will have to find a developer (who know Joomla programming) to customize the code to makes it works for you (it is not an easy task).

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 7 months ago #50280 by padma
Hi Tuan,
Thank you for your reply.
We do have a Joomla developer. We are IT people. Actually we have got a project in which our client needs some subscription plans but in her own designs. Then we bought your plugin to match our needs but it is not fitting in our design.
Does not this website provide "Technical Support"? Our developer tried to make customizations but could not. We need to talk to a person who could provide us support regarding coding. Is it possible?
Awaiting your reply.
Thanks,
Padma Rana

More
9 years 7 months ago #50281 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Padma

I am the developer and also technical support as well. However, I am not sure what I can provide support here as Technical support doesn't mean I can modify code to meet your need.

I can only answer you your questions but I could not help you to modify code to meet your own need. Hope you understand.

Tuan

More
9 years 7 months ago #50282 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
With the customization you want, you will need to edit the code in the file components/com_osmembership/views/register/tmpl/default.php to add the fields you want, add the Select Options in the sidebar...

Then you will need to write code in model register to process upload thumbnail image, resize thumbnail.....

That's why I mentioned that you need to have a Joomla developer who understand how to modify a Joomla component to customize the code

Tuan

More
9 years 7 months ago #50283 by padma
Tuan,

I completely agree with you & do not expect from you to modify code for us. I just wanted to know about the location, files in which we have to code & to know if it is at all possible so we do not waste our time in customizing plugins. Now as you have replied in your second comment, we will try again.

Thank you for your valuable help. :)
Take care,
Padma Rana