quick recurring payment question

More
9 years 8 months ago #49635 by mark
quick recurring payment question was created by mark
Hi there,
I recently purchased your eShop and love it, so I'm leaning towards purchasing Membership pro as well for some subscription based services.

I'm just curious though, I assume that when a payment is setup in a users paypal account, that paypal relays this information back to Membership pro so we have a record of payment, is that correct?

But if the payment is a recurring payment set up through paypal, how will the Membership Pro extension know that a 2nd or 3rd etc payment was made? Will all recurring payments show up in the MP Extension?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just still in the process of figuring out how eshop works and this is one thing that is on my mind.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #49673 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic quick recurring payment question
Hi Mark

Each time a recurring payment happens, Paypal will notify us (Membership Pro extension) via IPN message system.

Membership Pro receives this notification, verify and make sure this payment is valid, then it will extend subscription the subscriber, send confirmation email to subscriber, when notification email to admin....

The process happens exactly same as first time payment. The only difference is that subscriber doesn't have to do anything in this case , everything is done automatically by Membership Pro and Paypal

Hope the explanation is clear to you.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: mark

More
9 years 8 months ago #49676 by mark
Replied by mark on topic quick recurring payment question
extremely clear, thank you for explaining!

More
9 years 8 months ago #49677 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic quick recurring payment question
Thanks Mark. Please continue to setup and use the extension. If you need help, please don't hesitate to ask

Regards,

Tuan