CSV Import - Mapping Checkboxes field to CB Field

• Ari
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #48679 by Ari
When importing user info into custom fields, how do you get the 'checkboxes' to be properly mapped to a Community Builder field? Is the "Multicheckbox" the appropriate field for this type to map to?
For example, I have a Membership Pro custom field called osm_committee_interest, which is of the Field Type "Checkboxes". It has the values: "Newsletter, Membership, Web, Awards, Treasurer", (one on each line). This has Field Mapping to a Community Builder field called cb_committeeinterest of the "multicheckbox" type with the same values in the same order.
I see in phpMyAdmin that this comes into the database table osmembership_field_value, with that userid, with the appropriate values (for example, for one user, the field_value data is "Newsletter,Web"). The data, however, does not come into the cb_committeeinterest field, which is empty.
Thanks,
Ari

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ari
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #49049 by Ari

More
9 years 7 months ago #49101 by moldygrrl
I am also interested in an answer to this question.

Is the mapping working at all for the checkboxes -- that is, if you change something in the CB field does it change in OS membership dbase? Or is this an import issue only?

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #49115 by moldygrrl
I actually cannot get any mapping to work between Membership Pro and CB for ANY fields -- I just mapped the basic fields to CB, enabled the plugin and changed some data for the record in MemberPro account but it won't update in CB.

If the mapping to CB fields does not work then I need a different component/solution.

Am I missing some other switch to make this mapping work?

UPDATE: I've discovered that if I edit the User Profile under Membership Pro then it maps to CB, but if I edit the Subscriber record the CB field is not changed under CB (it does change under Membership Pro > User Profile but NOT under the CB User Manager).
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by moldygrrl.

More
9 years 7 months ago #49118 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic CSV Import - Mapping Checkboxes field to CB Field
@moldygrrl: At the moment, Membership Pro will :

1. Create a CB account for user when they sign up for the plan if he doesn't have an account on your site yet.

2. When user update his data in Membership Pro Profile, the data will be updated to Community Builder (as you figured out)

@Ari: Seems there is bug with checkboxes mapping in Membership Pro. At the moment, I am quite busy, so I will check it this weekend since it is just a minor issue

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 7 months ago #49128 by moldygrrl
Thanks for the reply. SO any edits made in Subscribers will not be reflected in CB? If an Admin were to go in Subscribers to change a plan (and also change some user info), then that would be a problem.

Also, changes made in CB would not be made in Membership Pro at the same time? Our Members are used to editing in the CB tabs so this probably isn't going to work for us.

More
9 years 7 months ago #49129 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic CSV Import - Mapping Checkboxes field to CB Field

Thanks for the reply. SO any edits made in Subscribers will not be reflected in CB? If an Admin were to go in Subscribers to change a plan (and also change some user info), then that would be a problem.

=> Yes, correct.

Also, changes made in CB would not be made in Membership Pro at the same time? Our Members are used to editing in the CB tabs so this probably isn't going to work for us

=> At the moment, Yes. When you change the data in CB, we don't update the data in Membership Pro. It can be done in the future by adding a CB plugin to Membership Pro but it is not available in the extension at the moment yet

Regards,

Tuan