don`t change email address in clients accounts

More
9 years 9 months ago #48316 by Jef
Hi! Discovered the problem. I clients accounts field email clients can change whatever they like. And this email changes in Joomla! This is not acceptable!
What is the sense in activation email clients?

See video please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #48349 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic don`t change email address in clients accounts
Hi Jef

That's strange. It is not acceptable for you but other customers requested for it :(. Not sure what to do now. So in this case, you don't want the email changes here to update the Joomla account email ? Please let me know so that I can send you the updated code which solve this issue (only for you).

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jef

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #48355 by Jef

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi Jef

That's strange. It is not acceptable for you but other customers requested for it :(. Not sure what to do now. So in this case, you don't want the email changes here to update the Joomla account email ? Please let me know so that I can send you the updated code which solve this issue (only for you).

Regards,

Tuan

Thank`s for the reply Tuan!

Joomla 3.3.3 - Membership Pro version 1.6.5

So in this case, you don't want the email changes here to update the Joomla account email ?

yes!

I hope for your help.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Jef.

More
9 years 9 months ago #48360 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic don`t change email address in clients accounts
Hi Jeff

Please get this zip file, unzip it, upload the file to components/com_osmembership/models folder and check it again. After that, it will work as expected.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jef

More
9 years 9 months ago #48369 by Jef
Thank`s Tuan. But where can i find "this zip file" ?

More
9 years 9 months ago #48376 by Jef

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi Jeff

Please get this zip file, unzip it, upload the file to components/com_osmembership/models folder and check it again. After that, it will work as expected.

Regards,

Tuan

I couldn't find zip file...

More
9 years 9 months ago #48379 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry, seems I forgot to attach it. Here it is again.

Tuan
Attachments:

More
9 years 9 months ago #48385 by Jef
))
Thank`s Tuan, but that is not that i want.

I want that users (clients) could not change the email in their accounts.

The truth I do not understand why to give clients to change email? The name and password? Please let change. But the username and email must not be changed!

More
9 years 9 months ago #48387 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jef

You can agree or not but other customers still want their subscribers to change the username and password. I think Joomla allows that as well but I am not sure 100%.

I don't see any reasons we should not allow users to change username and password (and maybe email). If you don't want them to change username and password, I will edit the code for you but it won't be applied to future releases of the extension and you will need to maintain this changes yourself. So far, only you asked for this restriction

Tuan

More
9 years 9 months ago #48391 by Jef
Tuan i don`t want to prevent users to change username and password ! I don`t want that users can change emails !

As you can see, now field USERNAME is deactivated in users accounts. Active fields only NAME and PASSWORD and that is correctly. Now you need to deactivate the email field.

Let me explain for you:

1. After registering on the site on user email come the activation link for activate account. Why is this done? Just that this mail has been REAL !
2. It is logical to prohibit users to change the email that they are specified at registration.

So i ask you only one thing to do: please deactivate email field in users accounts.