Registration Activation not Working

More
9 years 9 months ago #47779 by Rose
My apologies for having to bother you regarding this - I have tested a subscription for an offline payment. I receive an email to activate the subscription before I get the welcome email for the subscription with payment details. When I click on the url on the activation email it comes up with a 403 error. Should this email actually be coming to me if I have not yet paid for subscription?

Once again thanks
Rose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #47781 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Registration Activation not Working
Hi Rose

It is not. Go to Users -> Users Manager, make sure you have two config options below :

- Allow User Registration : Set it to Yes
- New User Account Activation : Set it to Self

After that, I believe the issue should be fixed.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rose

More
9 years 9 months ago #47791 by Rose
Replied by Rose on topic Registration Activation not Working
Hi there

the only issue with offline payment is that the subscriber is actually getting full access by clicking on this email prior to payment. Is there a way to stop this activation email coming for offline payments until payment is received.

Thanks again.

More
9 years 9 months ago #47792 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Registration Activation not Working
Hi Rose

I think you should think of a different way to restrict access to the resources on your site. At the moment, I think you are setting it so that any Registered users can access to the resources ?

You should try the setup below :

1. Create new Joomla group, called Subscriber (it should be a child group of Registered group).

2. Only give access to restricted resources for the users from this group instead of Registered group.

3. Publish the OS Membership - Joomla groups plugin, then edit the plan, setup it so that when users sign up for the plan, he will be assigned to that Subscriber group

By doing that, only users have active subscription can access to these resources. User who uses offline payment still has Pending subscription and cannot access to the resources until you edit the record and set status to Active.

That should be proper setup. Could you please try ?

Tuan