Manually Adding Users

• rekrapt
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #46911 by rekrapt
Manually Adding Users was created by rekrapt
I am moving subscribers from a Joomla 1.5 site using OSE Membership manually to a new Joomla 3 site using OS Membership Pro. I imported all of the Joomla 1.5 users using a free plugin so they all show up in the 3.0 site. When I create a new subscriber in Membership Pro, I select from an existing user. I noticed none of the user's info pulls into the new subscriber account. When I try to edit the First Name and Last Name, it changes the name for all the users I've added manually. This is odd behavior. I haven't tried manually entering in an email address. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT:
I entered everyone in manually, but still can't get unique first names and last names. When I edit one, it replicates the name across all the other subscribers. It does the same thing when I try to manually add an email address. I thought it might have something to do with the user profile plugin being enabled, so I disabled it... but, that didn't correct the problem so I turned it back on.

I figured when I selected a user from the new subscription page, it would auto-populate the fields in the new subscriber with the information from the joomla user account. It does not. I'm at a loss here...
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by rekrapt. Reason: Found out some more stuff...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #46914 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Manually Adding Users

I entered everyone in manually, but still can't get unique first names and last names. When I edit one, it replicates the name across all the other subscribers. It does the same thing when I try to manually add an email address. I thought it might have something to do with the user profile plugin being enabled, so I disabled it... but, that didn't correct the problem so I turned it back on.

=> That's really strange. What version of the extension you are using ? Could you please check and make sure you are using latest version (1.6.4) ?

Regards.

Tuan

• rekrapt
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46922 by rekrapt
Replied by rekrapt on topic Manually Adding Users
Yes, definitely using the latest version.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #46923 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Could you please submit a support ticket sending us admin and FTP account of your site so that I can check to see what's wrong and get it corrected for you ?

Also, if you haven't made any customization to the extension, I would like to upgrade your site to latest version of Membership Pro (1.6.5) before checking and solving this issue.

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #47049 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Update : I checked the site and found that for some reasons, the data is imported wrongly and it causes the issue. I wrote a script to fix the wrong data and the issue is gone. Everything should work well now, please go to your site to check it and confirm

Regards,

Tuan

• rekrapt
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #47081 by rekrapt
Replied by rekrapt on topic Manually Adding Users
Thanks for your help! Looks like that fixed it! I really appreciate your hard work!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #47087 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
No problem. Happy to assist !

Regards,

Tuan