Membership activation depending on form values?

• Gary Cotton
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 days ago #45034 by Gary Cotton
I'm looking to purchase Memebership Pro as it looks like it can do 99% of what I need, but can anyone tell me if it's possible to accept or deny a subscription, depending on a field value on a registration form?

I have a client, where colleges pay a single subscription fee offline to them, that allows their students to gain access to educational books and magazines. They now want to extend this to their website to offer further resources. However, they still want to keep the subscriptions offline (payment by invoice). This means I need to set up a free membership group that will only allow successful registration if a student is from a college that has paid for a subscription.

Could this be done via a form field, whereby if they choose a valid college name it allows access. Or, would it be more complicated than that, whereby a form field should be checked against a database of valid colleges? I can see the security flaw in selecting a college in the form, as a user could simply work through the list until they find a college that allows access, but I'm not sure of any other way. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 days ago #45058 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership activation depending on form values?
Hi Gary

Unfortunately, it is not possible. I think the only option you can use now is that you still allow users to sign up for the plan and then you manually check each subscribers when someone is signing up and approve their membership manually.

That's the only way I can see now !

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.