Questions not found in documentation

• Craig Tucker
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 1 week ago #44664 by Craig Tucker
Questions not found in documentation was created by Craig Tucker
So far, so good with the plugin. I appreciate the effort. I have a few questions:

I figured out the active state is what sends out an email...I see that activating it makes the amount in full...but:

1) I try importing the dates (start, created, payment) and they are being filled in the database, but the duration of the subscription is the same start and end date.
2) Once users invited to register, are they immediately asked to pay? Most of the subscribers have already paid for the year but will need to be charged again in the coming 365 or less.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Craig Tucker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #44694 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Questions not found in documentation
Hi Craig

1=> Yes, the start date and end date of the subscription is based on what you have in the from_date and to_date field in the CSV fill. Do you have any problem with it ?

2=> Unfortunately, it is not possible. When they sign up, they will have to pay for it immediately. In this case, you might have to create these subscription records manually from back-end of the site for existing subscribers (or maybe use CSV import features to import)

Regards,

Tuan

• Craig Tucker
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 week ago #44706 by Craig Tucker
Replied by Craig Tucker on topic Questions not found in documentation
This is a huge problem and may cost us a client and thousands of dollars. Awesome. It would be nice if this was in documentation clearly.

More
10 years 1 week ago #44707 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Craig

You are saying that you cannot use the extension because of this feature/issue ? Do you have to find a different extension ? If you cannot use the extension, you can request us for refund !

Tuan

• Craig Tucker
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 week ago #44708 by Craig Tucker
Well we loaded all 163 users. All of them were already paid customers who we were transitioning them into the MembershipPro subscription platform. They were all sent invitations to log in, and some of them aren't able to access the site.

So, with our client's customers paying $1500/yr for a subscription...we can't charge them as soon as they enter the new site because they've already paid for a year. How do we solve that?

We just wanted the subscription program to charge them on their due date, notify them of pending membership expiration, and process payment when they renew. Now it looks like we're trying to charge a new fee.

• Craig Tucker
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 week ago #44711 by Craig Tucker
Another question: What is the difference between "pending" and "active"? Do users have to be set to Active in order to log in?

More
10 years 1 week ago #44721 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

It depends how you import these subscribers. In Membership Pro, users can still login even if he is pending. To see whether he can login or not, you can go to Users -> Users Manager to see whether his account is enabled or not. The login process is handled by Joomla core, it doesn't depend on Membership Pro status

Activate status will have the following effects :

1. When you use Joomla groups plugin, active users will be assigned to the Joomla groups you select (so that you can allow them to access to restricted resources on your site).

2. You can also setup it so that active users can access to the restricted pages on your site while pending subscribers cannot.

Sorry for could not answer you yesterday. My internet connection was lost at the time I am answering your questions

Tuan