• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 1 month ago #43974 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro version 1.6.3 change logs was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi all

In the last few weeks, I have been spending most of my time to work on new version of Membership Pro. Today, I am happy to announce that the coding was completed, a demo site was setup at membershippro.joomservices.com . We are doing some final small testings and will release the new version on tomorrow. Below are the change logs :

1. Version 1.6.3 is now responsive. So if your site is responsive (most Joomla 3 websites are responsive), users can now browse, sign up for subscription plans using both computers and mobile devices : Iphone, Ipad....

2. We improved the Membership Pro user profile page (profile feature) to make it easier for subscribers to update profile data, see information of their subscription, process, upgrade membership. All in a central place, very easy for subscriber.

3. We added user profiles page to back-end of Membership Pro. If you use Membership Pro before, you will see that each time users sign up or renew membership, the system will create a new subscription record for him. When admin view subscribers list from back-end, it is very difficult to see what plans a user has signed up, what's the status of that subscription plan for this user. This issue is now solved in version 1.6.3 by profiles page. Upgrade , then go to Membership Pro -> User Profiles you will see and understand what I meant.

4. Improved subscription plan add/edit page to make it easier for admin to setup subscription plans :

- Now you can setup subscription length in days, weeks, months, year (in the old version, you are forced to setup subscription lengths in day and in some special cases (monthly subscription for example , some months has 30 days, some months have 31 days and subscription end date might be wrong).

- Upgrade rules setup is now moved to plan setup page. That allows you to choose to allows subscribers from one plan to upgrade to other plans you want. All in a central place.

5. Make "Fixed Expiration date" feature in Membership Pro works properly now. Now for a fixed expired date subscription plan, the expired date will be calculated based on the current subscription date, not always ended as the fixed date which you setup in plan.

6. We improved code base for custom fields handle, added support for new custom fields such as SQ, improves the validation rules (now you can validate phone number, credit card.......)

Hope you love these new improvements. If you want to help me to test new version before it is released, please drop an email to tuanpn@joomdonation.com and I will send new version to you for testing.

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #44004 by Russell Noble
Replied by Russell Noble on topic Membership Pro version 1.6.3 change logs
Question on number 5, fixed end date.

Is the price of the plan pro-rata?

ie if a subscription is $120 and fixed end date is 31-Dec-14 and I join on 1-Jan i pay $120, but i I join on 1-July-14 I pay $60 ie 50% ?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 1 month ago #44005 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 1.6.3 change logs
No Russell. Fixed end date means all subscribers of the plan will be expired in the same date :

1. If you sign up before the fixed expiration date, your subscription end date will be the fixed expiration date.

2. if you sign up after the fixed expiration date, your subscription end date will be the next year (the day and month is the same with fixed expiration date you setup, but the year will be the next year compare to the current year which you sign up).

Hope the explanation is clear to you !

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Russell Noble

More
10 years 1 month ago #44006 by Russell Noble
Replied by Russell Noble on topic Membership Pro version 1.6.3 change logs
Thanks for the answer. Is there a way to have a subscription plan end on a fixed date and have pro-rate payment based on the number of days until the fixed date?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 1 month ago #44007 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 1.6.3 change logs
Sorry Russell but I don't have any plans to support that feature. So I am afraid of you will have to customize it yourself !

Tuan

More
10 years 1 day ago - 10 years 1 day ago #45113 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Membership Pro version 1.6.3 change logs
HI Tuan

I have just upgraded to 1.6.3 on www.energywarwickshire.org.uk

Using a menu with 'Plans List Column Layout'
The sign up buttons used to match the colours of the website, now they are blue, how can i fix this?
see energywarwickshire.org.uk/join for what is happening.

The 'details' button on this page also is not working correctly and now they all go through to the form for the 'domestic' subscription.

And the buttons on the subscription forms are also blue

Please can you help?

Thanks
Alison
Last edit: 10 years 1 day ago by Alison. Reason: added information

More
10 years 1 day ago #45135 by Robert
Replied by Robert on topic Membership Pro version 1.6.3 change logs
My site, www.scrsonline.com , is using version 1.6.2 and claims to be up to date which is obviously not the case. Do I need to repurchase the module to get these upgrades?