Coupon for 100% Discount

• Michael
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32306 by Michael
Coupon for 100% Discount was created by Michael
Hi,

I recently purchased Membership Pro and I'm trying to get it configured properly.

I have 20+ existing members that I want to continue with their membership on a totally free basis. New members will pay a monthly fee. I've tried to set up their free membership by creating a coupon that provides a 100% discount. However, when processing through PayPal, a message appears that aborts the membership. See the attached screen shot for a copy of the message.

My question is how to I provide for the grandfathering of existing members on a free basis for as long as they wish to remain members?

Thanks,

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #32337 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Coupon for 100% Discount
Dear Michael

I am sorry but it is not possible for provide 100% coupon discount (free membership for member). Paypal requires that we will need to have a payment amount (instead of free) to setup a recurring subscriptions

In this case, I think the only solution is that you can go to Membership Pro -> Subscribers, create the subscription records manually for existing subscribers. Could you please try ?

Tuan

• Michael
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32600 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Re: Coupon for 100% Discount
Hi Tuan,

I have to apologize for not responding to your post. Actually, I read your post and started creating the subscriptions manually. I had a lot to input so I just got involved with that and forgot to thank you for the great advice. It was a good solution to my problem.

So Thanks, Tuan. Much appreciated.

Michael

More
10 years 10 months ago #32736 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Coupon for 100% Discount
Thanks Michael for letting me know ! Glad to hear that the solution works for you.

Tuan