Family membership registration in Membership Pro

• sriz786
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #31868 by sriz786
Greetings,

I am helping a non profit organization that needs ability to register family (group) membership.

Does Membership pro helps register a family/group registration so that we can offer discount for family registration & membership.

Is there configuration documentation we can look into how to setup the family registration for membership?

Thank you,

Riz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #31895 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Family membership registration in Membership Pro
Hi Riz

Could you please explain how "Family membership registration " should work so that I can tell you whether it is possible or not to do that with Membership Pro ?

Tuan

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #34598 by bcsgroup
Tuan

I am looking for the same functionality. I work with associations. For example a State Education Association offers memberships. There would be multiple plans. Say one plan for high schools with 500+ students for $250 / yr. A school that had 500+ students would sign up for that plan. However the school has 5 people that need to get a discount for an event because the school is a member. Part of the benefit of being a member is to get discounts on the events the association offers. I have to have a way for individuals within the school to be identified as being part of the one school membership. So you would have a parent membership with child members that are included in that one parent membership.

This is a very big issue for me and I do not have a reliable option right now. I have to manually enter all the group members (child members) for 15 associations by using a "group member" user group in Community Builder. Each child (or school member) needs a separate username and password or a code to identify them with the school membership. I am currently using Community Builder and CB Subs combination. If you have an alternative to CBSubs with a parent/child membership option it would fit my needs great barring all other functions are comparable.

Your thoughts?
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by bcsgroup.

More
10 years 8 months ago #35116 by Ben
Hi,

If this feature makes it to the road map can you include the potential for reselling memberships. That way the school can not only give pupils access they may be able to create a shared revenue stream by selling access to their pupils, revenue split between site and them. Just a thought but would certainly work for my usage.

Ben