Tag articles as premium-you need a subscription..

• Raimondo
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #31259 by Raimondo
Hi,
I've purchased the Membership Pro component and I'm trying to figure out a couple of things
for our online magazine where we publish 6-8 articles a day.

a) Is it possible to tag some articles as premium so that they can be read only with an active plan?

I saw the Membership Pro Content Restriction plugin but it is a bit cumbersome
to add the {mprestriction ids="PLAN_IDS"}CONTENT_WANT_TO_RESTRICT{/mprestriction} syntax
in every article that we would like to be considered premium.
I understand that this can be done with the Joomla ACL functionalities…but when articles
are added to "premium groups" they don't show up to the "public" access level and this does not create interest
in becoming a subscriber….

b) On every plan there's a detail button. Is it possible to take it away? In our case what we offer would be
pretty simple and we can explain it at the top of the article where we publish the subscription component.

c) I noticed that authorize.net is a form with credit card information. We currently don't have an SSL ceritifcate
and https. Are there security issues that we should be aware of?

Thanks a lot for the feedback…
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Raimondo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #31275 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Tag articles as premium-you need a subscription..
Hi

1=> I think you can use OS Membership URLs restriction plugins in this case :

- Go to Extensions-> Plugins Manager, find and make sure you published the two plugins : System "OS Membership URLs" and OS Memberhsip "OS Membership - Urls plugin" plugin.

- Now, edit the subscription plan, enter URL (without www) of articles you want to restrcit into the URLs Restriction tab.

After that, check it again. It should work as expected.

2=> Need to edit code to remove the button. Please send me the link to that page so that I can tell you the file and the code you need to remove.

3=>" I noticed that authorize.net is a form with credit card information. We currently don't have an SSL ceritifcate
and https. Are there security issues that we should be aware of?"

=> If you use Authorize.net plugin, I think you should have an SSL certificate for your site so that the credit card transactions will be secure. Of course, the extension will work without SSL, but it won't be safer (I am not a security expert, however, without SSL certificate, the data transfered between page won't be encrypted and if someone can "catch" this data, they can get credit card information of your customer....). With an SSL certificate, the data will be encrypted during the transfer and the issue won't happen.

Hope my answers are clear to you !

Tuan

• Raimondo
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #31378 by Raimondo
Hi Tuan,
thanks for your reply.

1) I followed your instructions but somehow I cannot make it work. As such I cannot see the warning message
that a user receive when not a subscriber.
The process is a bit cumbersome. We publish 6/8 articles everyday of which 3 are premium. We have 2 plans. We would have to
edit each plan multiple times a day....any chances of doing a plugin that show a button at the bottom of the article to tag it as premium?
Have a look by clicking on any article on this website: www.wwd.com/
I think it would be a nice feature for publishers like us.

2) the website is rngmag.com. I haven't published the plans yet but everything is set up.

3) Many thanks for this clarification

Raimondo