PayPal issue - new members pending

More
10 years 11 months ago #31042 by Majid
PayPal issue - new members pending was created by Majid
Hi Tuan,

I have just started charging for membership on my site after doing a 'one month free' subscription plan. One user has tried to renew his membership by choosing the renewal option, but I have not received any payment through PayPal and it says his membership is 'Pending'?
Another user has tried to sign up for the first time and the same thing has happened.

The OS Membership user plug-in is enabled, the PayPal plugin is enabled and I have 25+ members on the 'one month free' subscription plan all with no problems. Any ideas?

To clarify, on the Subscriber Management page it reads:

User - Their name
Plan - One Month
Active time - Their active time
Amount - £7.50
Status - Pending

When I click the user it says they have paid via PayPal and there is a Transaction ID? But I have not received payment and they can't log in to the site? Please help as this is losing me money!

Many thanks

Majid

P.S. I'm happy to skype if that's easier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #31044 by Majid
Replied by Majid on topic Re: PayPal issue - new members pending
To give you some more information, I have made a test payment on live mode which was successful. I created a new membership to the site and paid with my other personal PayPal account. The user I created is active and I am able to log in to the site as that user. I received notification of payment and all went smoothly. So why is this happening to other members I wonder?

More
10 years 11 months ago #31115 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: PayPal issue - new members pending
Hi Majid

I believe it happens with the member because when he is redirected to Paypal, he didn't process payment . Maybe he simply closes the web browser . If he has made the payment, you must receive notification from Paypal and received the money.

It is clearly that he didn't make payment for the renewal. That's the reason he is Pending and you didn't receive payment in your Paypal account.

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 11 months ago #31133 by Majid
That is not the reason as I have tested it several times on live mode by paying myself from my personal paypal account - the transaction goes through, I am notified of the payment yet it still says 'Pending' and the user is unable to log in to the site! The person paying for the renewal is a good friend of mine so I know that he didn't simply close the browser!

This is not good at all for me. I need a user's account to be automatically active as soon as they have made payment. This is simply not the case. And yes the OS User plugin is enabled.

More
10 years 11 months ago #31135 by Majid
What a relief, thanks for the Skype Tuan! Had no idea I needed to enable IPN in PayPal. Thankyou very much for your help.

:)

More
10 years 11 months ago #31276 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: PayPal issue - new members pending
Infact, you won't have to change anything in your Paypal account unless Paypal IPN was disabled on your account before for some reason. Paypal IPN will be enabled by default for all Paypal account.

Usually, it is disabled if your account was setup to send IPN notification to an URL but Paypal could not send to it for some reasons (your server blocks the message, or your site has security plugin). After several attemps and the message could not be sent, Paypal will disable IPN in your account.

Regards,

Tuan