How do I hide content

• robert
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #27092 by robert
How do I hide content was created by robert
Hi, I have installed Membership Pro and gone through all the documentation and set up a plan. How do I hide the content.
I've created a menu and an article which are both public, I've added the URL of the article in URL's to hide but I can still see it.

Do I need Docman component to hide content as this costs $70 and seems a bit steep.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I must be missing a step.

thanks

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robert
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #27171 by robert
Replied by robert on topic Re: How do I hide content
Found this in the forum and it work perfectly. First time in years that the access was explained so clearly.

1. Create a new Joomla Groups called Subscribers.

2. Create a new access level called Subscribers, then choose Subscribers group for this access level.

3. Find and publish the OS Membership Groups plugin.

4. Edit subscription plan, setup it so that when users subscribe to this plan, they will be assigned to Subscribers group, when their subscription expired, they will be removed from Subscribers group.

5. Edit the modules, menu items you want to restrict access to Subscribers, set access property of that menu item/module to Subscribers. By doing that, only subscribers of the subscription plan can access to these menu items, modules...

Tuan

More
11 years 2 months ago #27204 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How do I hide content
HI robert

Thanks for sharing the solution. Yes, that solution works well. Just want to tell you that in the future, please post your question on Membership Pro forum category so that I can be notified and can provide you the answer on time.

Tuan