Recurring Billing - 2 Questions

• Brooke Robilio
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #26365 by Brooke Robilio
Recurring Billing - 2 Questions was created by Brooke Robilio
First, I want to say thanks so much for being so active in your forum and answering all of my dumb questions so quickly!
Ok, I have two more...
1. If I have someone on monthly recurring billing and I want to give them a month off. Can I do that?
2. If someone pays using auth.net and their credit card expires, is declined, or they want to use a different card. How do I edit that info?
3. Can I switch a user from one plan to another plan?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brooke Robilio
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #26668 by Brooke Robilio
Replied by Brooke Robilio on topic Re: Recurring Billing - 2 Questions
Can someone answer these questions? I need help! If someone's card is declined through authorize.net do I have to handle everything manually or will the user's account automatically be blocked?

More
11 years 2 months ago #26714 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Recurring Billing - 2 Questions
Hi

1. If I have someone on monthly recurring billing and I want to give them a month off. Can I do that?

=> Yes, you can edit the subscrition plan, set trial amount to 0 and trail duration to 1 month.

2. If someone pays using auth.net and their credit card expires, is declined, or they want to use a different card. How do I edit that info?

=> To be honest, right now, the recurring subscription feature in Membership Pro doesn't work exactly 100%. At the moment, it doesn't renew the subscription automatically (the payment will continue happens and processed by Authorize.net, however, the active duration in user's subscription record cannot be changed automatically). So at the moment, when you received payment from a recurring payment, you will need to create a new subscription records for the users automatically. We will need to change this, but I will need some time to do some research (need to read authorize.net documentation again). I know it is possible, I just don't have an authorize.net actual authorize.net account for testing, so maybe you can help me ?

Tuan

• Brooke Robilio
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #26738 by Brooke Robilio
Replied by Brooke Robilio on topic Re: Recurring Billing - 2 Questions
I would be happy to help you! I also have a test authorize.net account. I could probably be a benefit to you in several ways. I'd like to get this particular site working as quickly as possible so I'm willing to put in a lot of time. It looks like we are on opposite time schedules but that shouldn't really matter. Should we continue this conversation via email or Skype?

More
11 years 2 months ago #26762 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Recurring Billing - 2 Questions
Yes. Skype would be great. My Skype nickname is tuanpnves.

Thanks for willing to help me !

Tuan