Auto-renew option for subscription plans

• Nikhil
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #22940 by Nikhil
Hi,

Is there any option in Membership Pro component to provide subscribers with auto-renew functionality along with manually renew option ? So that , if at the time of first subscription user has choosen the auto-renew option then when the subscription is going to expire, the component will perform the functionality of auto renewal in background and will update user about the auto-renwal of his subscription.
And where I can see the cancel subscription option on frontend or backend side ?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #23001 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Auto-renew option for subscription plans
Hi Nikil

At the moment, if you want the the subscription to be renewed automatically, you will need to create a recurring subscription plan. Users cannot choose to use onetime or recurring subscription when they subscribe to a subscription plan, it only depends on the setting of the plan .

Regarding cancelling subscription, it is not available. If users want to cancel the recurring subscription plan, he will need to cancel the payment from Paypal .

Tuan

• Nikhil
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #23003 by Nikhil
Thanks for the reply.
I have some doubts. Lets say, I have created one recurring plan of length 365 days by selecting option Recurring subscription to 'Yes' under recurring settings. DO I need to choose any other option along with ? After that I have added one subscriber for that plan. For that subscriber do I need to set subscription end date manuaaly from admin side or it will automatically set ? Once the subscriber is added what else(settings) I need to do as admin person ? How can I test this recurring functionality by creating sample plan and subscribers before I put it on production ? Can you provide/explain with some example ?

Regards,
Nikhil