Activation email goes out before payment is made

• Nicky Scholten
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18456 by Nicky Scholten
Activation email goes out before payment is made was created by Nicky Scholten
Hi,

Can someone help me? When a person registers through a Membership Pro subscription the activation email(joomla) goes out before I even get redirected to the paypal site to finish my payment. Is there a setting to delay this email or is my setup wrong?

Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #18479 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Activation email goes out before payment is made
Hi Nicky

At the moment, the extension use Joomla core component com_users API to save users into Joomla users database, and therefore, the activation email will be sent before users complete payment at Paypal.

Could you please explain the reason it should be sent after user complete payment ?

Tuan

More
11 years 8 months ago #18981 by Jaco

Administrator wrote: Hi Nicky

At the moment, the extension use Joomla core component com_users API to save users into Joomla users database, and therefore, the activation email will be sent before users complete payment at Paypal.

Could you please explain the reason it should be sent after user complete payment ?

Tuan

Hi all
i have this exact same problem and cant find a workaround.

I need the the customer to pay first before the activation email goes out to the subscriber. Otherwise a customer can simply close the PayPal window and retrieve his activation email to gain access to my site.

Also when a customer pays the payment status isn`t updated from pending to active. I would think a component such as this would have given this matter some thought

If anyone can help me with this problem i will be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

JoomaCDC :dry:

More
11 years 8 months ago #19001 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Activation email goes out before payment is made

I need the the customer to pay first before the activation email goes out to the subscriber. Otherwise a customer can simply close the PayPal window and retrieve his activation email to gain access to my site.

=> I think we can simply assign restricted resources to a higher access level, not assigning it to Registered group. For example, you can create a new group called Membership. Then when user subscribers to the subscription plan, Membership Pro will assign him to Membership group (automatically). You assign the resource (for example article, document, ....) to that Membership and only active subscriber can access to it . Is it clear to you ? Does this solution work ?

Also when a customer pays the payment status isn`t updated from pending to active. I would think a component such as this would have given this matter some thought

=> The extension should change the status from Pending to active automatically after user completed payment. Maybe there is something with your Paypal account (IPN feature disabled) and it causes the issue. We will discuss and check it more via support ticket (I see that you submitted a support ticket already) .

Regards,

Tuan

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #19006 by Jaco

=> I think we can simply assign restricted resources to a higher access level, not assigning it to Registered group. For example, you can create a new group called Membership. Then when user subscribers to the subscription plan, Membership Pro will assign him to Membership group (automatically). You assign the resource (for example article, document, ....) to that Membership and only active subscriber can access to it . Is it clear to you ? Does this solution work ?

Hi Tuan

i don't know how this will work even if membership pro assigns him to a different user group. See the steps below that leads to my situation.
  • User browses the site and decides to signup for a membership plan
  • User chooses 3 Month and complete the signup process
  • Membership pro assigns him to "Membership User Group"
  • Site sends activation email to client and directs the client to paypal
  • Customer closes the paypal window and retrieves the activation email
  • Customer retrieves and uses the activation email to gain access to the site and "Membership User Group without paying for membership

=> The extension should change the status from Pending to active automatically after user completed payment. Maybe there is something with your Paypal account (IPN feature disabled) and it causes the issue. We will discuss and check it more via support ticket (I see that you submitted a support ticket already) .

I will have look at my paypal settings to see if the problem in on paypal side
What is the URL that i will use as my IPN listener. Is it the controller.php or the osmembership.php

Is there anyway to restrict activation email to go out until payment confirmation has been received from PayPal

Thanks in advance
Jaco
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Jaco.

More
11 years 7 months ago #19255 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Update : Membership Pro now doesn't send confirmation email to user before or after he completed payment. Basically, when he subscribe to a subscription plan and completed payment, his account will be activated automatically.

This feature is available on version 1.1.0. So if you want to have it, simply login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, see the order, download it and upgrade to your site.

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaco