User Profile - locking a custom field to admins only

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 5 months ago #147585 by intouchweb
Wondering if there is an option to lock a custom field on a Users Profile, ie visible but not editable by the logged in user?
For example if an admin assigns an official number to a member, adding the data in the backend to the member's profile, then the member will see the field in their User Profile but will not be able to edit it.
Like the old paper forms that said "Admin Use Only" in certain fields.
Is this currently possible?
If not - is it something others would want as well, a potential wishlist item?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #147588 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic User Profile - locking a custom field to admins only
I could not be sure but you can try to create a custom field with following settings:

- Show On Subscription Form: No
- Show On Profile: Yes
- Can Edit On Profile: No

That should do what you need

Regards,

Tuan

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #148121 by intouchweb
Thank you that seems to work, however even though the field is read only the display appears just like a normal input field, editable by the user (but the changes do not save), causing potential cofusion. How can I grey this field out, or make it look obvious that it is for admins only (like the Transaction ID for example)?

More
2 years 4 months ago #148129 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic User Profile - locking a custom field to admins only
Could you show me a screenshot? It should display value of the field only, not like an input

Tuan

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #148135 by intouchweb
Screen shot as requested, the relevant read-only field is "Member Number (Admin Only)"
Attachments:

More
2 years 4 months ago #148137 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
For this, better submit a support ticket sending me super admin account, a subscriber account which can be used to access to that page and link to that page. I will check it directly on your site

Regards,

Tuan