Custom profile tabs with fields

• Shannon McColley
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #129824 by Shannon McColley
Custom profile tabs with fields was created by Shannon McColley
Still loving MP! Keep up the good work. :)

I'm current trying to brainstorm a workaround, but I'd love it if the ability to create custom tabs on the Profile page could be added, along with the ability to target custom fields to those tabs.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:
I want to turn our members list display into an optional freelance directory. I'm creating a bunch of custom fields, for each piece of info associated with the directory, to be filled in by a member via their profile page (dependent on an "Opt-in" radio toggle field).

Rather than have a ton of extra fields show up under the standard fields on the Profile page, II'd like to have all of these fields instead display on a separate tab I could call "Freelance Directory". I'm envisioning in the custom fields admin page we could create custom tabs. And then, in the edit screen for a custom field, there's an extra "display on" option to select if it shows on a custom tab (with available custom tabs as a drop-down list).

Cheers,
Shannon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #132210 by Robert Eckert
Replied by Robert Eckert on topic Custom profile tabs with fields
This would be something we are interested in. For us, the profile page can get kind of long and if we could break out our extra fields into different tabs I think it would help organize it. It would also be nice to break out the system fields so we could have for example:
  • Account tab (account details, password reset, etc)
  • Contact Info tab (address, phone, email, etc)
  • Custom tab 1
  • Custom tab 2
  • etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.