Allow lapsed members to reinstate their accounts

• jgribble
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #128631 by jgribble
Hi Tuan, Jim Gribble here for Education Law Association in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. You helped us migrate to Membership Pro last year. It's been working great, the best membership software I've ever seen.
ELA is one of those orgs that serves a broad spectrum of users, from tech-savvy young students to retired professors and administrators who find the Internet to be a confusing and intimidating place. It's that second group that needs special support.
They often don't pay attention to renewal reminders. Even though we make it very easy to renew and pay, the process may defeat them. So, it is not unusual for us to be contacted by people who have allowed membership to lapse by accident.
When that happens, they automatically lose login privileges and can't get to their account. Of course we can manually let them in, but we'd rather not have to go to the trouble.
We want to set up a way for them to reinstate their membership without even needing to log in.
We don't want them to sign up all over again because we have kept their dormant account on file.
So we want them to be able to simply pay their back dues and, if possible, be automatically reinstated.
I thought maybe to use Payment Pro for this, because it doesn't require any login and can be published to a public page.
That way people could pay up; although we would have to manually reactivate them.
Do you have any thoughts?
Am I the only one who's ever asked about this?
We are calling this concept "fast-track reinstatement."
Many thanks as always, for your support and for the superb extension.
-Jim G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeanV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.