Restrict access to folders based on subscription status (for pdf files)

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #111065 by intouchweb
I would love to be able to limit access to specific folders on the server to current subscribers of plans.

For example:

Plan A subscription is required to view www.domain.com/files/planA/document.pdf

Plan B subscription is required to view www.domain.com/files/planB/document.pdf

but the public can NOT view anything in those folders, even if they have the direct URL.

I cannot find any way (using Joomla's core functionality) to restrict pdf files to subscribers, the documents can always be viewed via a direct URL.

At the moment I believe Membership Pro can limit access to categories and articles... but not folders..??

So I imagine this would be a VERY popular feature of Membership Pro if it is possible!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #112185 by Kevin Morrison
I second this.

More
5 years 11 months ago #113941 by David Robinson
Excellent idea!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #113942 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Unfortunately, it's not possible. The reason is because Membership Pro can only restrict access to pages generated by Joomla

For static resources such as folders or direct PDF links like that, it's not generated by Joomla, so there is no way for Membership Pro to restrict access to it

If you want to give subscribers to access to PDF files like that, better use Membership Pro together with a documents management extension like our EDocman extension. Or in case you have small number of files, using built-in Downloads Manager plugin membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/advanc...loads-manager-plugin

Regards,

Tuan