Recurring Plans

• Alan Bennett
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #103048 by Alan Bennett
Recurring Plans was created by Alan Bennett
i use MP for a family history society that traditionally has encouraged members to set up recurring payments via Standing Orders or send cheques.

We have just gone through our first end of subscription year using Membership Pro. I have been pleased with the way things have gone with renewals via our tradional methods plus some users switching to PayPal/Card payments. We have had new joiners and also upgrades from Plan to Plan.

We have traditionally allowed some leeway in receipt of payments post the end of subscription year of 30 June. With MP the subscription expires on the 30 June but I have used standard Joomla to put the members into a special Joomla Group when the subscription expires that stil allows them access to the website.

The users shows expired subscription until there payment is received and a renewal processed. This isnt ideal as reports dont show the real position.

I propose that we can have a recurring payment type plan for offline payments that trigger an auto renewal on the expiry date but that the new Subscriptions are automatically added as Pending. Receipts of payments by our renewals officer would cause manual update from Expired to Active. Group processing on the plan removes the temporary group I moved them in to enable continued access to the website ad put them into the correct Joomla groups for their plan.

An additional change to help with this is a new value for the Published field on subscribers table of Resigned for use manually if the payment is not received by the end of the grace period or they actually send us a resignation notification.

Is this a difficult change? I would have thought not.

Please support this new feature.

Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #103262 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring Plans
Honestly, it is quite hard to implement this one. So I am afraid of this won't be available in near future

Tuan

• Alan Bennett
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #103265 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic Recurring Plans
Thanks anyway Tuan.