Export of expired members of ALL plans required

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #96906 by intouchweb
The export of members feature in Membership Pro has an inherent problem that others need to be aware of.

If you request an export with filters of "All Plans" and "Expired" you may expect to be getting a full list of all lost/expired members, ie those who are no longer an active member of ANY plan.

Typically this would be used to contact lost members on a membership drive to encourage them to re-join.

However, the exported results includes members who have upgraded from one plan to another.

This is because in an upgrade they have expired from an old plan to become active in the new plan.
Or they may have expired on one plan but remain active in another plan.

Technically, I think the filter "All Plans" should more accurately read "Any Plan" as it returns a list of subscribers who have expired from ANY plan, not ALL plans.

Although it is logical to list them as expired, it can be misleading if they have actually upgraded or moved to another plan.

I think most users of Membership Pro would have a regular need to export a list of all members who are no longer active in ANY plan, that is 'lost' members.

I have discussed this with Tuan and I understand it is not an easy feature to implement, but I am listing here as a feature wish/improvement.

If you agree this is important please reply.

In the meantime please be aware that the export can provide unexpected results of all lost members.
The following user(s) said Thank You: qtech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #101053 by Calum
Unless I'm mistaken (and I could be!) the attached SQL will select all expired members who do not have a current membership

Forum security makes it be a zip file, but it is a fairly short piece of SQL.

It selects all members who have an active subscription, and then selects anyone who doesn't exist in that 'sub' table.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc

More
6 years 9 months ago #101388 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Export of expired members of ALL plans required
Thanks Calum. I will try to see the result. If it works, then Yes, we can implement it into the next release of Membership Pro

Tuan

More
6 years 8 months ago #102688 by Steve Babbitt
Replied by Steve Babbitt on topic Export of expired members of ALL plans required
Hi Tuan,
This has recently come up for our clients as well -- they wish to send a "Please come back" message to those subscribers who are no longer active in ANY plan.
Did Callum's query work?

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #102704 by intouchweb
Replied by intouchweb on topic Export of expired members of ALL plans required
Hi Tuan,
A little disappointed this feature request did not make it to ver 2.10.0
Have you abandoned the idea or is it still a possibility on a future release?
It would surely be a feature every user would want, a simple export of past members.

More
6 years 8 months ago #102740 by Steve Babbitt
Replied by Steve Babbitt on topic Export of expired members of ALL plans required
Hey Tuan,

I've been thinking about this more -- what would be really useful (in addition to this export option) is a "Send message to Lapsed Subscribers" button -- where we could send a message to previous users to welcome them back and encourage them to renew their subscription.

The revenue for our team would be enough for this feature that I am willing to pay something for development.

If you are interested, let me know how much it would cost and where I could send payment (via paypal, preferably).

Steve Babbitt

More
6 years 8 months ago #102744 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Export of expired members of ALL plans required
I think if we can export these expired subscribers, you can easily import these subscribers into a newsletter extension such as ACYMailing and use that extension for send newsletter emails to them

So we will just need to find a way to implement this feature. I will try to spend time to find a solution

Tuan

More
6 years 8 months ago #102784 by Jill Clarke
Replied by Jill Clarke on topic Export of expired members of ALL plans required
Hi Steve and Tuan,

My client asked for this exact thing this morning. It must be member renewal month!

I hope it can be implemented.

Jill

More
6 years 8 months ago #103075 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic Export of expired members of ALL plans required
I dont think we need to export he list to be able to email them.

If you have mething lke ACYMailing implemented on the site then you can you there filters to send out the emails. All we need is the expiring of all subscriptions to put them into a joomla group called, for example, ex members. This would allow all the expired members to be targeted. The group could be removed when a new active subscription is created using the standard MP facilities on plans.

More
6 years 7 months ago #103347 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi All

Just want to update that this is now included in version 2.10.2 of Membership Pro. After updating to this version, you can access to Subscriptions -> Export Expired Subscribers to export the expired subscribers

See www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...html?start=20#103344 (item #2 in the list)

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: qtech