Integration with EasySocial Profile Types

• John Wooten
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #93204 by John Wooten
Integration with EasySocial Profile Types was created by John Wooten
Currently (unless I've goofed and am missing it entirely :unsure: ) Membership Pro synchronizes with EasySocial Groups, but not Profile Type. As Profile Type is the core/primary designation to identify and distinguish EasySocial User levels and access to content (and also married to Joomla ACL), "membership" is obviously directly tied to the EasySocial Profile Type.

For those of using Membership Pro with EasySocial, this means that any User Subscribing through a Membership Pro Plan has to be manually updated to a different EasySocial Profile Type every time they Subscribe, Upgrade, Expire or Cancel a Subscription. This makes it near impossible to manage an EasySocial User Community with Membership Pro (in effect, defeating the primary purpose of a membership subscription).

A recommended development is to simply follow the same approach as already taken for EasySocial Groups (i.e., Add User to corresponding ES Profile Type when Activating a Membership Pro Subscription, Reassign User to other corresponding ES Profile Type on Upgrading a Subscription + Removal of former ES Profile Type when Subscription Expires).

In final effect, a Membership Pro Subscription should be matched and aligned with an EasySocial Profile Type.

Who else needs/would like to see tighter integration with EasySocial (and at minimum, ability to match a MP Subscription to an EasySocial Profile Type)?!

* Let's all respect, and appreciate, the work of the Joomdonation Team/Developers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #93560 by Eileen
Replied by Eileen on topic Integration with EasySocial Profile Types

Who else needs/would like to see tighter integration with EasySocial (and at minimum, ability to match a MP Subscription to an EasySocial Profile Type)?!

I would. And my sense is many EasySocial users would too, maybe JoomDonation can "advertise" it's value to EasySocial users by listing an "App" on the EasySocial Apps page :

Today, I need to use PayPlans from ReadyBytes to achieve this but if Membership Pro supported it I could drop PayPlans.

It would also be useful to be able to create membership plans for EasySocial events (recurring events)...is that possible?

More
7 years 1 month ago #97165 by Neil
This would be a really helpful feature and I agree that there must be a lot of Membership Pro and Easy Social users that would benefit from it.

Is this something that could actually be made to work?

More
6 years 10 months ago #100597 by Mary
I would love to have this as well

More
6 years 9 months ago #101147 by MelanieB
Replied by MelanieB on topic Integration with EasySocial Profile Types
Hi,

is this not what the plugin Membership Pro - Easy Profile plugin does?

I am trying to set it up but there are problems with the language strings in the field list so its difficult to do the mapping.

More
6 years 9 months ago #101148 by Mary
no, the Easy Profile profile works with www.easy-profile.com/ we are wanting Membership Pro to work with EasySocial Profile Types

More
6 years 9 months ago #101149 by MelanieB
Replied by MelanieB on topic Integration with EasySocial Profile Types
Ah,

thanks for explaining. I just saw EasySocial but see that only works with the groups.

I too need the same integration you are asking for.

More
6 years 5 months ago #107194 by DaffRider
Replied by DaffRider on topic Integration with EasySocial Profile Types
Any news about the integration of Easy Social and Membership Pro ?

Thx

More
6 years 2 months ago #109811 by BERTRAND
Replied by BERTRAND on topic Integration with EasySocial Profile Types
I would need this function too.

Any news about this integration ?

Thanks

More
5 years 2 months ago #123192 by James Wadsworth
Replied by James Wadsworth on topic Integration with EasySocial Profile Types
We would find this integration very useful too.