Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 2.26.1 with the following improvements:
1. ActiveCampaign Integration
Added new plugin Membership Pro - ActiveCampaign to integrate with
ActiveCampaign. Having this plugin enabled allows you to assign subscribers to Lists and Tags when subscription is active and remove them from certain Lists and Tags when subscription expired. You can then use ActiveCampaign to send newsletter to your subscribers (same as Mailchimp integration). See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/integr...tion#active-campaign
2. Improve Countries Management
- Allow translating countries (on multilingual website)
- Allow changing ordering of countries to custom order (before, countries are always ordered by Name, so it is not possible to have it ordered in the way you want)
3. Support Logging Check Membership Status
If you use
QRCODE scanner to check membership status, the check status result is now also logged. You can access to Membership Pro, then Tools -> Checkin Logs to see that logged data.
4. Fixed Currency Conversion (PayPal)
If you use PayPal and your currency is not supported by PayPal, Membership Pro needs to convert the payment amount from your currency to USD before passing that amount to PayPal for processing payment. The old script is not reliable, and in this new version, we use a new currency converter provider for better result. See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...e-supported-currency
for detailed instructions (you only have to worry it if PayPal is not working well for your site at the moment).
5. Easier to override layout files:
- If you have to override components/com_osmembership/view/emailtemplates/tmpl/email.php (to change output of [SUBSCRIPTION_DETAIL] tag), you will only have to copy that modified file to frontend template only (in earlier version, you will have to copy the override file to backend template, too, because that file is shared for both frontend and backend email). So less work, easier to maintain.
- Plugin Outputs in User Profile page (Article Restrictions, Schedule Content, K2 Restrictions...) are now moved to layout files, to make it possible to override the layouts if needed
Also, we plan to increase minimum PHP requirement to 7.2 in the near future (could be at the beginning of new year), so if you still use older version of PHP on your server, please consider switching to PHP 7 (PHP 7.4 is recommended because there might be third extensions on your site are not compatible with PHP 8 yet - Membership Pro is working OK on both PHP 7 and PHP 8.0.x already).
Please update your site to this latest version of the extension to use these improvements. Thanks for continue using our product and support our development
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin, Adonay
Thanks for the updates: Just a quick question on the 3. Support Logging Check Membership Status-
Will we be able to export the contents of the logs? The reason I ask is that we use Membership Pro in conjunction with Events Booking. Some of the events, Members do not have to pre-register for, they just need to show their membership. We currently log these people in manually to keep track of numbers. If we would export the log data, that would be very useful for us.