• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #142423 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro version 2.22.1 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear Customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 2.22.1 with the following improvements:

1. Improve Group Membership
Before this release, group admin has to add group members into his group manually. From this release, there could be a link send to group admin when he subscribes for the plan. He can then send that link to the users he wants so that these users can join the group themself. See documentation for this option at  membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/advanc...oin-group-membership

2. Support Sending Mass Mails From Frontend
If you use frontend subscriptions management, you can now send mass mails to your subscribers from frontend, same as in the backend.

3. Allow Sending Member Card to subscribers via email
You can set Send Member Card Via Email config option to Yes and when subscribers subscribe for the plan which enable Member Card, the member card will be sent to subscription confirmation email automatically instead of having to access to User Profile to download member card

4. Added Logout button to User Profile
This allow subscribers to logout easily directly from user profile page if needed.

5. Added options to show Renew / Upgrade options from Plan Details Page
If you your plan has multiple renew/upgrade options and you want subscribers see it easily from plan details page, you can go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, set the two config options below to Yes:

- Show Renew Options On Plan Detail
- Show Upgrade Options On Plan Detail

Please update your site to this latest package of Membership Pro to use these improvements. Thanks for continue using our product and support our development.

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #142431 by Kelly Turner
Replied by Kelly Turner on topic Membership Pro version 2.21.1 released
I think the title of this should be 2.22.1 released instead of 2.21.1.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 1 month ago #142432 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.22.1 released
Thanks Kelly. Updated the title, also added the link to group membership improvement documentation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142817 by Tracey Field
Replied by Tracey Field on topic Membership Pro version 2.22.1 released
Hi Tuan, love the idea of the join group link, I think this will be perfect for some of my group admins (who like to do as little admin as possible!). I've set it all up as per the documentation for my new subscribers.

Now I would like to tell all my current group admins about it, how do I find out what their group link would be?

Thanks. Tracey

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142818 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.22.1 released
Hi Tracey

Unfortunately, the link will only be sent when group admin subscribe/renew their subscription

Maybe you can use this workaround:

- Add [JOIN_GROUP_LINK] to email message
- Then go to Membership Pro -> Subscriptions, find the subscription record of the group admin, check on the checkbox next to it and press Resend Emails button in the toolbar

In that case, the email will be re-send to him and he should receive that group link

Tuan

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142846 by Tracey Field
Replied by Tracey Field on topic Membership Pro version 2.22.1 released
Hi Tuan, I've tested this out but it is not working at the moment, I can update the emails and get a link sent out so that works. However, it is creating a different link format for current group admins compared to new group admins.

When I did a test on a current group admin the link was:
www.mywebsite.co.uk/administrator/index....temid=1436&group_id=
which came up with error message that the group you are trying to join does not exist.

When I did a test by setting up a new plan as a new subscriber the link format was different which was: www.mywebsite.co.uk/join-group-membershi..._id=ETzCHmEE0rmhQeK4 which went to a different message saying I couldn't join because I was an admin, so that clearly works as it should. And is a much tidier link format.

Is there a way of generating (or finding if they are already there) group id's for group admins pre the update? I am more than happy to put in the time for the manual work of creating links myself for my group admins.

Thanks as always for keeping the software updated with these great improvements. Tracey