• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago #128516 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro version 2.17.3 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 2.17.3 with the following improvements:

1. Improve Custom Fields

- Added a new option called Populate Data From Previous Subscription. If you don't want data for that field is populated by data from previous subscription, set that setting to No (it's Yes by default)
- Improve Joomla Groups integration. If you configure Membership Pro to assign subscribers to Joomla user groups base on the data they select for the field, it will now works when subscribers update his profile data too. See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...ign-to-joomla-groups for documentation for the mentioned feature.

2. Improve Group Membership

Now, when group admin adds new member, he is not allowed to browse for list of all existing users to select user account for the group member anymore (it violates privacy rules). From this version, group admin, if want to add existing user as a group member, he will have to enter username of that existing use

3. Improve Recurring Subscription for Offline Payment

In earlier version, the system only allows users to renew his recurring subscription if that recurring subscription expired even with offline payment. This version improves that process abit, allow subscribers who use offline payment to renew his recurring subscription before his subscription expired. So he is allowed to renew subscription anytime he wants

4. Support Grace Period For Fixed Expired Date Plan

As you know, Membership Pro allows you to setup plan with fixed Expiration Date and all subscriptions for that plan will be expired on that same date, not depends on the sign up date. A limitation of that feature is that if users subscribe for that plan even 1 day before that expired date, he will be expired on that setup date (result in the subscription too short). In this new version, we introduce a new setting called Grace Period. You can enter a Number of days there (for example 30 days) and if users sign up in a date which is less than 30 days compare to expired date, his subscription will have one year added. That would help address this concern

5. Some other small improvements
- Support Mass Mail Template
- Fix data for [TAX_RATE] tag
- Fix Download Member Card link (should not always be displayed)
- Improve Stripe Checkout payment plugin to pass more data to Stripe and recurring subscription is more reliable. If you use Stripe Checkout, please download and update your site to latest version of the plugin

Please update your site to this updated version of Membership Pro to use these improvements and bugs fixes. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison, Nicole Warner, omar montes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #128545 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic Membership Pro version 2.17.3 released
Thanks Tuan

How is Grace period configured?

Only one I can see was the existing grace period to allow longer to pay before plans expire?

Alan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago #128546 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.17.3 released
Hi Alan

That new setting will only be available for plan with Expired Date configured. That setting won't be available for normal plan.

See this attached screenshot to see the parameter

Tuan
Attachments:

More
4 years 6 months ago #128563 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic Membership Pro version 2.17.3 released
Thanks Tuan, found it.

That's another piece of custom PHP I can remove.

It would be really useful if the other grace period set up under Configuration was also at Plan level instead of global :)

Regards
Alan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago #128564 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Will see if there are other customers need it. If Yes, I will try to support it in the future

Tuan

• Marck Goran Lorencin
More
4 years 6 months ago #128580 by Marck Goran Lorencin
Replied by Marck Goran Lorencin on topic Membership Pro version 2.17.3 released
Hi Tuan, since upgrading from 2.17.2 to 2.17.3, while on latest Joomla version I encountered a problem while manually adding a new subscriber in the administration.

Even if I select an existing subscriber like say myself, while adding a NEW subscribtion plan, then selecting a registered Joomla user, absolutely no fields get populated while setting a new subsription, like the Joomla user data isn't pulled into the form. I definatelly didn't have this issue before, I did the update yesterday and just noticed this problem.

Can you check if you can duplicate this or is it somehow just my issue?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago #128586 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I could not re-procedure the issue. Did you select the plan as well before selecting user?

Tuan

• Marck Goran Lorencin
More
4 years 6 months ago #128587 by Marck Goran Lorencin
Hmm I think I have selected the user first, as I have always done. Why would selecting a plan first make a difference? Selecting a plan is needed of course to save the subscription.

Really weird I have this issue then, I definatelly didn’t have this issue before.

That being said I use Easy Profile for registrations and that also was never a conflict before, especially as if you add a subscription manually in the backend you are selecting already registered users within Joomla.

I will check if selecting the plan first makes any difference but would be surprised if this the case.

• Marck Goran Lorencin
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #128589 by Marck Goran Lorencin
Hah it turns out order of things does make a difference, are you sure this was always how it worked?

Adding a new subscription via mobile, looking at the form, selecting a user comes up on top, while selecting the plan comes after so it doesn’t make sense to not select the user first or for it to be dependent on plan selection?

I am sorry to have opened this issue under Changelog 2.17.3, I assumed it’s a bug or something reated to the update.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Marck Goran Lorencin.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago #128604 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
In the past, we have select plan first before selecting users. Later, I moved the plan selection to the right column, maybe that's the reason causing the error

I will look at this issue and might change it back to how it was before. But this is something not cause by this update

Tuan