• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #112971 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro version 2.13.2 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 2.13.2 with some small improvements below:

1. Added support for GDPR requirement

GDPR en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation is required from 25th this year. As of today, I am happy to have it supported in Membership Pro (at least basic requirement). Please see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-setup/gdpr to understand how to setup it to have your site compatible with that EU law.

If there are more requirements needed related to Membership Pro, please let us know and we will be happy to review and support for it

2. Added a new setting to custom field called Show on profile to allow you to choose to show/hide a custom field in user profile. The old setting (Show on profile) was used for different purpose and renamed to Show on member details

3. Added a new menu option My Articles allow showing list of restricted articles which subscriber can access to

4. Added support for for multiple emails (comma separated) for Membership Pro Reminder plugin (So if you wish, you can enter multiple emails that parameter and each time Membership Pro send reminder email to subscribers, a copy of the email will be sent to these BCC emails

5. Support custom settings (mostly use when we need to customize code to add custom settings to the extension) for configuration, categories and plans

6. Fixed some small bugs:

- Creating coupon error (happens when I first released 2.13.1, was fixed shortly after the release)
- Change ordering custom field error (happens when I fist released 2.13.1, was fixed shortly after the release)

Please update your site to this updated version of the extension to use these new improvements and bugs fixes. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development, I will continue working hard to get it improved from time to time

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ommekeer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #112975 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic Membership Pro version 2.13.2 released
Thanks Tuan
I will install and test later.
Please can you explain one of your changes please:

Support custom settings (mostly use when we need to customize code to add custom settings to the extension) for configuration, categories and plans

Alan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #112976 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.13.2 released
Hi Alan

It's just a technical thing (use for developer only)

Sometime, you will need to customize the add new subscription plan form to add more settings (for whatever reasons). Without this improvement, you will have to make an override to the layout of adding subscription form to add these new settings. The problem with override is that if we add more settings to that layout in future releases, it won't be available for your installation (because you made override to the layout)

With this new improvement, to add new settings, you can create a file custom_settings.php, add it to plan/tmpl folder and add any code you want there, it won't be lost when you update, and not affect any of existing layouts

As I said, it's a technical thing, mainly use by us when we need to perform customization to the extension for our customers

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Schafer

More
5 years 11 months ago #112984 by Mark Skillin
Replied by Mark Skillin on topic Membership Pro version 2.13.2 released
Hi Tuan,
I notice still no joy with the group filter group in the group subscriptions, can you give me a idea when you will be able to get around to this.
Cheers
Mark

More
5 years 11 months ago #113026 by Ommekeer
Replied by Ommekeer on topic Membership Pro version 2.13.2 released
Hello Tuan,
Very nice job about the GDPR.
I have a suggestion..
Now we only can put a article in the privacy policy box. Why not a the possability to put there a hyper link?: www.ommekeer.com/nl/privacy

More
5 years 11 months ago #113155 by Scott
Replied by Scott on topic Membership Pro version 2.13.2 released
Hi, Tuan,
This is a very good update - features that are much needed, thank you.

That said, I found that the user is never added to a MailChimp list after the upgrade, even when the GDPR permission is disabled.

Can you review and let us know if there might be a bug?

More
5 years 11 months ago #113204 by Scott

Scott wrote: Hi, Tuan,
This is a very good update - features that are much needed, thank you.

That said, I found that the user is never added to a MailChimp list after the upgrade, even when the GDPR permission is disabled.

Can you review and let us know if there might be a bug?

Tuan, I reverted back to 2.13.1 and the MailChimp integration works fine, no other config changes. I think the 2.13.2 Mailchimp integration isn't functioning correctly.

More
5 years 10 months ago #113454 by Alan Henness
Replied by Alan Henness on topic Membership Pro version 2.13.2 released
I'm not sure the newsletter subscription is working properly with acymailing.

If I create a test subscription that requires manual activation (I've not tested it any other way yet), and if I don't tick the newsletter tickbox, an acymailing user is not created. However, when I activate the subscription, a new user is added to acymailing with 'Receive html' ticked, but not Confirmed and not Enabled.

While this will prevent any acymailing newsletters being sent, it is now an additional place where Personal Data is held and this would need to be deleted if we received a request for erasure under the GDPR. It also clutters up the mailing list and possibly adds to the numbers shown in the lists.

Should this setting not prevent a user being added to acymailing altogether?

More
5 years 10 months ago #113455 by Alan Henness
Replied by Alan Henness on topic Membership Pro version 2.13.2 released
Minor typo in backend on the Subscriptions page: 'Disbale reminder' button should be 'Disable reminder'.

More
5 years 10 months ago #113456 by Scott
My apologies, there was a flat in my test scenario, MailChimp integration is working as expected. Sorry for the false report