Ability to run more than one campaign at a time.

• Corey DeLasaux
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #795 by Corey DeLasaux
Ability to run more than one campaign at a time. was created by Corey DeLasaux
Would be nice to have another module that would list several campaigns at a time.

ie.

Campaign: Help with monthly costs.

Due: 2009-03-31
Goal: $50 Donated: $30.00

Campaign: Help buy OS Solution
a new car

Due: 2009-12-01
Goal: $15000.00
Donated $ 3205.00

Donate Button Here
Good formatting is lost in the forum but close enough to have an idea.
Then have that campaigns linkable and or be able to select the campaign in the next form that includes the description text.
Maybe the ability to have just a "Just because I want to donate" type catch all category as well so it's all accountable in the admin component.

I'd buy several components for this feature alone, the others would be nice to though :P
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Corey DeLasaux.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #810 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Ability to run more than one campaign at a time.
Hi
Thanks for your suggestion . We are thinking of implement the feature which allows you to have multiple active campaigns at the same time . However, there are two problems with this features :
- In the donation module, we are showing campaign information . So the question is what info of what campaign should be showed here ? Should we display campaigns in one dropdown, then when user choose one campaign, we will display the info of that campain ?
- In the donation page, should we allow users to choose campaign which they want to donate for ?

Regards,
Ossolution Team

• Corey DeLasaux
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #811 by Corey DeLasaux
Replied by Corey DeLasaux on topic Re:Ability to run more than one campaign at a time.
I tried to resemble the layout I thought to be most intuitive above.

My thought was to have the campaign name be linkable to the donation form where it could also be selectable.

On hover over campaign list in module you could maybe have the description show up like a tool tip.

I started working a layout a bit because I thought you might not be interested, so when I get home, I can attach an image of the layout I propose. You may have some better ideas though.

I put Donate button below it as my thought was to have a general donation available that did not tie to any campaign.

BTW, My order still does not show from "Your Orders" Link.

Regards
Last edit: 15 years 3 weeks ago by Corey DeLasaux.

• Corey DeLasaux
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #1192 by Corey DeLasaux
Replied by Corey DeLasaux on topic Re:Ability to run more than one campaign at a time.
Wow, your implementation of this is spot on. :D
The slider is a very nice touch as well and makes it clean and intuitive. :D :D

Two things I would love to see in this module:

* Make the open campaign clickable and link to the submission form selecting the corresponding campaign.

** On mouse over of the title or the body, a tool tip popup with the description from the corresponding campaign. At the moment it seems that the description is not visible anywhere but I might have overlooked something. Or, maybe something like a scrolling marquee. Any thing really that makes the description easily available to the potential donners would be good. Might be good to have the description on the form as well.

Again thank you. This is better than I imagined. :D
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Corey DeLasaux.

More
14 years 9 months ago #1318 by Amy Blankson
Replied by Amy Blankson on topic Re:Ability to run more than one campaign at a time.
Any ideas when this suggestion might be possible? I'm really interested in this as well...

More
14 years 9 months ago #1320 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Ability to run more than one campaign at a time.
Infact , the module is already there . I just need to add donate button at the end of each campaign . I will spend sometime today to add this button to the module .
Thanks ,
Ossolution Team

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt