Confused as to how to make one-time donations work

• Toolie
  • Topic Author
More
3 weeks 23 hours ago #166120 by Toolie
We are using JoomDonation for online payments for a homeowners association (we changed the language strings). We have successfully set up a recurring payment form that's working. We set the predefined amount in the Global configuration. 

Now we want to set up a separate campaign for one-time payments where the visitor has the option to pay whatever amount they can, not a predefined amount. We've set the campaign as a one-time donation, but now we cannot see anything except the fixed amount from the Global configuration. I tried adding a Zero amount to open the box so the visitor could edit it, but it functions as a read-only amount rather than an open box where someone can add an amount. 

Questions:
  1. How do we set up an individual campaign with pre-defined amounts, rather than setting them in the Global configuration? 
  2. How do we set up an individual campaign with a "pay-what-you-want" amount box? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 11 hours ago #166138 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
1. How do we set up an individual campaign with pre-defined amounts, rather than setting them in the Global configuration?
-> You should enable configure option: Amounts By Campaign before you can add pre-defined amounts for campaign when you modify campaigns (tab: Messages)
2. How do we set up an individual campaign with a "pay-what-you-want" amount box?
-> When you edit campaign, there is an option: "Display amount textbox", you can enable or disable it
Thanks
Dam

• Toolie
  • Topic Author
More
3 weeks 7 hours ago #166146 by Toolie
Thank you for your quick reply Dam, we appreciate it. Frankly, we would never found that Amounts by Campaign option because it's on the Messages tab. Why not move it to the first tab? That said, even when we put in the settings as specified, the Amount box for the pay-what-you-want option is Hidden. 

The Setting is on:

The amount box does not show up. 

The CSS has that box hidden. 

Shall I file this as a support ticket? 

More
3 weeks 6 hours ago #166147 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
You can send the link to your donation form here so i can check it for you?
Thanks
Dam

• Toolie
  • Topic Author
More
2 weeks 6 days ago - 2 weeks 6 days ago #166154 by Toolie
Sure! Check ticket #135497, the username and password are there; you'll need to log in on the home page because we have the Test Payment set to only be accessible to Super Users. 
www.cphoanv.com/test-payment

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Toolie.

• Toolie
  • Topic Author
More
1 week 21 hours ago #166414 by Toolie
Are you able to see and figure out what's going on with the one-time payment form on the cphoanv.com website?

More
1 week 20 hours ago #166415 by Mr. Dam
Hi Toolie,
What's the problem with one-time donation on your site?
Thanks
Dam

• Toolie
  • Topic Author
More
1 week 19 hours ago #166416 by Toolie
Please see this reply within this thread:

joomdonation.com/forum/joom-donation/783...ons-work.html#166146

and read down the thread from there.

The Amount box is hidden by CSS. Someone from your team logged in on April 4th and installed FF Explorer, but as far as I can tell, no further work was done.

More
1 week 17 hours ago #166420 by Mr. Dam
OK, i have adjusted setting of component to show the Amount text field in Donation form, and hide the donation amount summary part for you. Please check it
Thanks
Dam

• Toolie
  • Topic Author
More
1 day 23 hours ago #166534 by Toolie
Thank you Dam. For the one-time donations page "Test Payment" we do need the Amount box to show, and it does. It should also display the summary amount because we're adding a non-optional credit card fee, and when I go to the Test Payment page, that summary field and the amount no longer shows. I knew how to un-hide the Amount box in CSS (which it appears you did), but I was concerned that merely un-hiding it would interfere with the calculation of the total that includes the CC processing fee. 

The same should happen on the Pay Dues payment page: the selection of the pre-determined amounts plus the credit card processing fee, showing a total with both. The total that includes the fee no longer appears on that page either. This is a screen grab from the Test Payment page where visitors can pay what they want.

We need the total with the processing fee to be visible and correctly calculated. 

Can you help? 

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt