Dependent Membership Levels/Limited Registration Windows

• Kevin Burk
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #137403 by Kevin Burk
I apologize in advance if any of this ends up being obvious once I start building membership levels. I'm still in a planning stage, and I can't find anything in the documentation that addresses two specific issues I need to address.

ISSUE 1: PREREQUISITES
I will be offering a series of classes, each set up as a member plan with the dripped content/scheduled content option. Several classes must be taken in sequence. To be eligible to register for the Level 2 class, you must at least be a member of the Level 1 class (ideally, you need to have completed it, but I know that kind of fine-tuning is not something most people need).

Is there a way to limit the ability to register for a particular membership plan so that it is only open to either members of a current member plan or a specific Joomla ACL group?

ISSUE 2: LIMITED REGISTRATION
This may be a non-issue, but I'll pose it as a hypothetical situation.

I will be offering training programs that are tied to the different classes. Because the training programs are taught in real time, the window for registration needs to be limited. I need to be able to allow new registrations during the 1-2 month period leading up to the class, and then prevent any new registrations at all other times without disabling the membership level.

This may not be an actual issue because for the training, what matters is the Joomla Group assigned on registration; there is no dripped content for the training, so there's not actually anything associated with that member level that I need to schedule.

Again, apologies if either of these is blindingly obvious once you actually set things up on the site. I'm just not at that stage yet and I need to plan out my strategy based on what is and isn't possible with this component.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #137416 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Kevin

In the next release (hopefully, in the next 2 weeks), we will implement an option to allow you to select which Access Level is required for users to subscribe for a subscription plan and that should address your concern

Give me sometime, wait for next release and hopefully, we will be fine

Regards,

Tuan

• Kevin Burk
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #137424 by Kevin Burk
Thank you so much! That's wonderful news.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt